Bug Library Update not working in Kodi Final release on FTPS source
Hi,

I've tried out Kodi Helix rc1 and rc2, and neither of them wants to update my library. I've added two separate multipath FTPS sources (by adding an ftp source and then changing the source in the mediasources.xml) and I've set their content correctly. I'm able to browse to the sources. But the library update doesn't scrape the files in them.

Here's the pastebin of my debug log:
http://pastebin.com/F5kPbgCY

I've tested this on Android (Nexus 9) and on Windows 8. Both are 64 bit systems/OS. Probably not related, but I thought I'd mention it.

Fun fact, by first going to a folder through files and starting a video and then selecting update library, the scraper is able to find the files from that source (I believe still only from the accessed path in a multipath source). I have a pastebin from that as well:
http://pastebin.com/PaAq7Uwu

BTW, kodi crashed as I exited (while the library update was still running) I have the dump and the stacktrace is:
Code:
Thread 2624 (process 1316)
# 0 RtlIntegerToUnicodeString
# 1 RtlIntegerToUnicodeString
# 2
# 3
# 4
# 5 RtlDeleteCriticalSection
# 6
# 7
# 8
# 9
#10 BaseThreadInitThunk
#11 RtlInitializeExceptionChain
#12 RtlInitializeExceptionChain

Cheers!

Remco
Looking into the debug log myself, I see that supposedly the scraper is detecting a .nomedia file in the folder. However, these are not actually there. Besides, if that where the case, it should also not scrape after having started a video file.

R,
I've just updated to RC3, but the issue still persists
How does the underlying folder structer under "Movies" look like? Single folders for every movie? Are the movies in containers?

Could it be, that the .nomedia file is hidden?
All of the folders are hosted on a windows machine and served by Filezilla server. The folder structure is mostly flat, all movies are together in 1 folder. I only have 1 subfolder in 1 movie folder.

The tv shows folders contain folders for each tv show, in which the individual episodes are placed (sometimes in a subfolder (because that's how they were provided on the rss feed I use), but mostly not)
I am sure there is no .nomedia file, and just to be absolutely positive, I just did a search for this.

I've been testing some more. It seems that the issue only appears on FTPS sources. FTP sources are scanned and updated (without first having to "activate" the source by starting a video from it).

Remco
Still not any useful feedback. Or do I need to provide additional info?

Remco
I'm bumping this again, I'm still hoping for a solution
Try a nightly build with https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5950 not Helix though (as the patch is not been cherry picked to v14 yet) must be a v15 build.
I'll take a look at that. I checked the original bug report for which that is a fix though and it seems to be different. The issue in that report has a workaround, namely not to use a multipath source. I just tried that, but kodi rc3 still won't find anything during a library update.

Later today, on my PC, I will try that nightly build for v15

R.
I've now also tried the v15 branch nightly: KodiSetup-20141220-4453376-master.exe

The issue still persists here too.

Remco
I just started a thread about this, same problem on RC3 running on Windows 8.1

When I start the library update I see the name of a movie I added flash in the progress at the top, but the media scanner fails to connect and nothing updates.
Just like to add that I am too experiencing the issue with final Kodi build. Windows 8.1. Using MySQL on a network server. Source has multiple SMB shares within. Never had any issues with Gotham.
It's a known bug with multipath sources. Until it's added in v14.1, you can use a nightly build (wiki), as those nightlies are almost identical to v14, but include the fix.
(2014-12-24, 08:09)Ned Scott Wrote: It's a known bug with multipath sources. Until it's added in v14.1, you can use a nightly build (wiki), as those nightlies are almost identical to v14, but include the fix.

I've tried the latest nightly and the issue is still there Sad
hi Ned, thank you for responding. Unfortunately, this is not in issue with multipath sources. The problem also occurs on a source with just one path in it.

It really is an issue with an ftps source.

Remco

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Update not working in Kodi Final release on FTPS source0