Linux XBMC not scraping info or download addons
Sad 
Hi All,

I've been running XBMC on Windows for a long time and just recently decided to try out Linux. So I dual booted Windows 8 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS on my Dell 1558. Everything is fine except for XBMC.
Internet is working through Firefox, Chrome etc, but somehow XBMC does not seem to connect to it, or rather connects rarely to internet.

If I update my library, the scraping will ask me to cancel since it can't find connection half the time and if I select continue anyway, It will take ages to download one movie's information which in the end turn out to incomplete also.

If I try and download an addon, It just freezes a while and then it will show downloading. After sometime that 'downloading' tag will be gone and the addon will not be installed.

The XBMC system info shows the internet is connected. I googled around and tried changing the resolv.conf to add 8.8.8.8 as a nameserver, but that just made xbmc show internet is not even connected.

Any help would be more than welcome. Right now I'm scraping movies through windows, exporting them to disk and then importing into XBMC on linux. hehe..

Please note: I am a total Linux noob.
Please ignore. I fixed it myself.. Big Grin

Just had to disable ipv6 and it started working.

I'll just put the procedure here for any other linux noob like myself.

Go to a location you can easily access through Terminal and create a new file advancedsettings.xml. Add the following lines there

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<network>
<disableipv6>true</disableipv6>
</network>
</advancedsettings>

Save the file and open the terminal.(ctrl+alt+T), navigate to the folder you have created the new file and run this command

Quote:mv -iv advancedsettings.xml ~/.xbmc/userdata/

you will get a confirmation like below

Quote:'advancedsettings.xml' -> '.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml'

And restart XBMC.. This worked for me Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not scraping info or download addons0