Bug IOS XBMC Remote - Browse files (incorrect named or missing directories)
Hi,

Firstly I'd just like to say I've done searches through the forums, looked at the first 10 pages opening anything that might have been similar but no avail.

I've had this issue with multiple versions of the xbmc remote (up to current) and various version of XBMC/kodi and just hoped it would get fixed but doesn't seem to so I thought I'd finally post.

What I'm seeing is in the file mode on the xbmc remote some movie & music directories are missing when they are visable doing the same browse inside kodi plus the ones the music library are quite often wrongly named (almost like they've adopted a tag from a track inside). A prime example of the incorrect naming is in 1 directory alone xbmc remote tells me there are 6 directories all called "Singles" which is impossible because you can't have more than 1 directory named the same inside the same parent. Weirdly for those none of them have any reference to "Single" inside them but then others that are wrongly named has taken a title from a track inside that directory.

I've checked on 2 different IOS devices using the latest version of the remote and they show the same issue, are different versions of IOS and as I've said it's been this way for years. Weirder still is if I use the official XMBC remote but the android version and I can see all the directories and they are named correctly. I've tried clearing the cache on the IOS ones and still nothing.

Perhaps there's some part of the xmbc database or somehting that holds the directory info which IOS apps read from but not android?

I have thought about removing the music library and re-adding but it's a pain since it's 20,000 items and 200gb in size so i'd rather leave that as a last resort.

Has anyone come across this before and more importantly do you have a fix?

Thanks Smile
Hi,

go to into your device settings and enable the option under xbmcRemote > App Settings > "Show all files in filemode" and check if the issue is solved
Omg, I feel like such a muppet!

I did that and cleared the cache, restarted the app and bang! Done

Must admit that I hadn't noticed until a few days ago that there were folders missing as well as the strange directory names so that must have been why I kept glancing over that setting.

Thank you very much, I'm a very happy man Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IOS XBMC Remote - Browse files (incorrect named or missing directories)0