CEC Problem
My neighbour has an old Sony Tv that is CEC compatable ,
when he starts up his Rpi it goes through all the motions and then says TV connected,
but TV remote will still not operate Rpi although it should,
anybody know how to fix this
Sony calls CEC Bravia Sync. You'll probably have to enable it in the TV menus.
It doesnt say Bravia sync , its quite old , it says something like HDMI control but it is basically Bravia sync , it even says XBMC connected on the screen,
I tried other cables but get the same outcome
What exactly is the CEC that pops up? Does it identify the make and model of TV?
In the bottom right hand side of TV it says
connecting to pulse eight cec adapter
configuraion updated
connected to tv

In top right of TV it says
xbmc-av5

TV is on av5 but remote doesnt work
What model of Bravia is it (maybe the docs or manuals can shed some light)?

On my LG TV I have the CEC capability, but it was shipped switched off by default, and I had to enable it in the on-screen menus of the TV itself before it worked with the Pi (although the Pi itself detected it from the beginning, reporting like yours is). And indeed I still occasionally have to point the CEC to the Pi as the input to get it working, especially after switching channels back to the Pi (which is already running, as it rarely gets switched off).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
CEC works in mysterious ways... My LG TV gets confused if more than one HDMI input is connected. For best results - connect only one HDMI source and test Smile On Panasonic there is a need to occasionally switch CEC off and back on.
On my samsung TV, I did not manage to git it working. Every compagny has his own way to use CEC protocol. >.<

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CEC Problem0