Accessing 'central' MySQL and SMB issue
OK, I have an HTPC happily setup with Kodi 14 RC2 along with a mySQL server on Windows 7. Everything works properly. The video sources are accessed using smb://w.x.y.z/path/to/share, shares are being shared, and permissions allow 'everyone' to 'read'. Some of the file sources are on different PCs, so I don't think my problems are permission based.

The wrinkle comes when trying to configure my Android device (Nexus 7) to use the MySQL server. I copied the advancedsettings.xml, and I can "see" all the video sources properly. So as far as MySQL connectivity, all is great.

Problem is when I try to 'play' any video source, it complains that the file could not be found and would I like to remove the source?

Is there something I am missing to allow my Android to access SMB files? It would appear that Kodi has its own built-in SMB client.

Dekker
Can you ping w.x.y.z from the N7?
OK, I tried accessing the address using a different app (File Manager) from the N7, and could see the folders. The catch was that it would not let me access them anonymously. So yes, I can ping it...

I currently have the folders shared to Home Users (full) and Everyone (read). I'm thinking those are all authenticated users. I am adding ANONYMOUS LOGIN for testing, but I think I will try to add credentials to the MySQL instead...
The issue you're describing definitely sounds like an SMB authentication issue...
You could add Anonymous access: or you can create a dedicated username/password to connect via.

Then browse to the folder(s) in XBMC's File Manager from the Android box; enter your credentials (and choose to 'save' them) and you should be in business.
I'm actually having a similar problem. I have three Amazon Fire TV's and an SMB share hosting my media and 'synched' with MySQL. I set up the advanced settings on all and added the sources on one Fire TV. However, only the box with the sources reliably shows my music, TV shows and movies. The other two generally show only one of the three categories. The rest are there as empty libraries. I can post logs, but I'm not sure what y'all would like to see.
In this case, it's probably enough to just show the logs when Kodi is starting up, as that's when it will tell us if it successfully connected to MySQL or not. You don't really need to perform any specific action.
Hi Ned,

The logs are here: http://pastebin.com/fbKp31hH

Thanks!
Well, in your case it seems to be connecting to the MySQL server just fine, so that's good news. I don't know what this "GetMatchingSource" stuff is about, but there's a lot of it mentioned in the log. Maybe it has to do with some of the SMB funkyness that some Android users are having.
Is there anything I can do to try and troubleshoot for now?
I'm honestly not sure. Maybe one of the devs will have some insight.
I'm glad you noticed the error. I searched for that and was able to find a solution. I had to add the video sources on each client. I'm not sure why it works OK for music but not the videos, but it's fixed now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accessing 'central' MySQL and SMB issue0