[AFTV] Flirc Keymap
I posted about this on the Flirc forums, and it sounds like it might be more complicated than we thought to get "browser_back" on the flirc. It's totally possible, but that range of keys needs something special. The easiest thing to do would be to just adapt the XBMC/Kodi keymap to use escape, just as wazzac describes. I'll throw up a keymap for this on the wiki, too.
(2014-12-20, 06:02)wazzac Wrote: I believe this is what mbjxx is also looking to do?

Anyway I believe I've solved the issue as follows

Assign the escape key in Flirc to whatever you want to be your "back" button on your remote
grab the default keyboard.xml file from whatever you use (I grabbed the SPMC one from the official github page)
There are various sections in the xml file where an action is defined for escape.... change them as follows
in the Global section, escape = Back
In the FullscreenVideo section, escape = Stop
In the Visualisation section, escape = Fullscreen

This is exactly what I was looking for and it does appear to work. My new keymap below illustrates the changes made to finally get Flirc to work exactly as the Fire TV remote does regarding the Return key. Thanks to @ned Scott for keeping interest in this issue alive enough for a solution to materialize. And many thanks to @wazzac for the actual solution.

I have had the same problem. I adapted the above keymap to fix the issue with my TV's remote.

Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AFTV] Flirc Keymap1