is live tv possible on atv2
am i able to use a external tv tuner on my atv2 to watch live tv with wmc as the front end pvr?
Why don't you try it?

It depends on what your input is. As you don't give any information whatsoever, I'll just drop my experience here and you can possibly draw your conclusions from that. But I'd strongly recommend simply trying.

I'm using DVBLink on a NAS to view IPTV in Kodi. On my regular HTPC it works great, both HD and SD channels. The Apple TV seems to have trouble with HD streams, because the Apple TV is too slow to process the streams. They're 1080i streams (50 Hz) and mostly around 8 Mbit. SD streams work fine.

So it all depends on your input. You could also try transcoding, but I don't think WMC supports that. DVBLink does btw, but my NAS doesn't have the power to transcode the HD streams so I don't use it. If my NAS could transcode the HD streams, I'm sure the Apple TV could play those.
If you put the tuner and WMC on a separate machine then you can probably use XBMC on your ATV to watch live TV, but I doubt you can actually run any backend on it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
is live tv possible on atv20