Solved [XBMCbuntu] Autostart
Hi!

Where can i manage autostart in xbmcbuntu?

Thx!

b0mb
what´s your problem?

What happens or what happens not?

If XBMCbuntu is installed it should autostart the last session you were logged in. That means, if you were at XBMC at last, it will start the XBMC session at reboot. If you were at XBMCbuntu at your last session, it will reboot into XBMCbuntu. To autostart XBMC again, you have to exit XBMCbuntu and log in into XBMC and then reboot. Then XBMC will start at boot.
If i remember there is some file where i can define which programs to start with xbmc....

that would be easier for me than editing some startups via init.d Wink
you really should tell us what you want to achieve as the answer to your original question is: lightdm. This probably doesn't help you though.
(2014-12-09, 14:19)wsnipex Wrote: you really should tell us what you want to achieve as the answer to your original question is: lightdm. This probably doesn't help you though.

I was looking for a config file where i can put some services or programms to autostart in....

in case of hyperion it worked like explained in this thread Wink
usually services come with init scripts. If they don't and you do not write one yourself, you can use /etc/rc.local
autoexec.py in kodi is possible as well, but then your service depends on kodi running
I've changed autostart now to rc.local as it seems to be more logical to keep an eye on my autostarts....

Works like a charm [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Thx!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCbuntu] Autostart0