Fixed List animation trigger problem
I'm working on an android TV clone, and am having some problems with triggering a group animation based on the focus position of the songs in a fixed list. Below are some screen shots from a YouTube video showing the songs section in the Android TV PLex app. In Plex the item focus remains static, but the list and the album info pane move up/down with the list position. I have been able to replicate the list behavior, by setting the fixed list focus at "9", but no matter what I do, I cannot get the almbum info panel (created as a group) to move in sync. I've tried the onnext/onprevious, and container has focus, but no movement is triggered. I'm very much a novice at this, so can anyone give me a clue as to how I could get this to work? Thanks very much.

watch gallery
Container(xxx).Position(y)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks very much, Pecinko. Bear with me, as I do not have very much skinning experience, but this would attach to the group I want to move (the album info)? If so, how would I determine the "y" coordinates? Using the fixed list ID, and various "y" values produced no animation. I want the album info group to move up the page each time the song list scrolls down, and vise versa.. Each list item is 65 px high, so I need the album info to scroll up/down by multiples of that amount for each scroll of the fixed list. I hope this makes sense, and thanks again for your quick response.
Xxx is an ID of a list of your songs/album, while y is a currently focused position in that list. Position 2 would mean 3rd item in album/song list has a focus. You would then move a group with album info based on a current position in a list. Take a look at Quartz and how blue list rectangle is moved based on a container position.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thanks very much! Will try when I get home.
Unfortunately, animation occurs only if I use a number greater than 2 for movement. However, that locks the list from scrolling for that number of list items. I see that in the Quartz song list where you have a movement number set to 5. If I just use the code you have me without an animation number, the album info moves immediately to the y value of the ninth list item and remains there (focus is set to 9).

Thanks again, and if I can get this working, I will post it.
The problem is because when using a fixed list Container(id).Position is always the focus position in the list.

Can you post a link to the video in question so I can see exactly what effect you're after?
This should be true for container(ID).HasFocus but NOT for Container(ID).position
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Thank you Hitcher and Pecinko. Finally got it working by attaching the animation to the entire group view, and setting the focus position at 1 and the movement at 20. I will post a link to the video.

It,s about midway through when he enters Plex music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atX6ILqK3SM
(2014-12-09, 15:08)dgm1960 Wrote: Thank you Hitcher and Pecinko. Finally got it working by attaching the animation to the entire group view, and setting the focus position at 1 and the movement at 20. I will post a link to the video.

It,s about midway through when he enters Plex music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atX6ILqK3SM

There is probably something wrong in your code, focus position and movement should not affect your animation if you use container(id).position as a animation condition.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

@ pecinko Container(id).Position will return the focus position and in a fixed list this constant unless movement is used.

@dgm1960 By setting the focus position to 1 and movement to 20 (which will break your animation if there's more than 20 songs) you're effectively turning it into a normal list. In which case that's exactly what you should do and remove focus position and movement.
Thanks again for your help on this, both of you. I will do as you suggest, Hitcher.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fixed List animation trigger problem0