New Install question
I am setting up a new install atm, should I just go with the KODI RC2? Will KODI RC2 auto-update to the newest RC's and eventually the final release?

Thanks!
Depends on your system/setup.
You can certainly have a warning pop-up telling "new release available"
Give us more details about your setup.
(2014-12-08, 15:44)h.udo Wrote: Depends on your system/setup.
You can certainly have a warning pop-up telling "new release available"
Give us more details about your setup.

Very basic setup, fresh install, nothing fancy. Not sure what else to say.
uhm, let's start with something as basic as the operating system.
and exactly what hardware you run on?
I've essentially got the same question.
I don't know what OP is running, but I have Win7 64 bit running on an Intel NUC i3.

I'd like to get Kodi on it, but was wondering if I should go ahead and install the current RC and then just update? Or will it be a cleaner install if I wait for the legit release and install that?
I think most will agree that you should try Kodi RC3, it might me a cleaner installation if you dont have to move from xbmc to kodi later on. On windows it will not automatically update but as said there will be a notice. I have a feeling that this will release very soon Tongue If you dont want to do things other than kodi with your setup you might want to try openelec, it will auto update to the final version and it is way faster than windows. Tongue
I may just wait if it's going to be releasing pretty soon.

The NUC is actually my new htpc...I'm migrating from an older one (the insides of an old Dell Zino HD that I shoehorned into a Lian-Li PC-Q18 case for better heat management) that has been running various incarnations of XBMC for maybe 3-4 years. The NUC (w/ SSD and 8GB RAM) will be much faster, quieter, smaller, and use less power than the old one, but the old one does still work, so I'm not completely XBMC-less.

For the original poster, if it's their first HTPC, then probably it'd be good to go ahead and install RC3 (or whatever the current one is as of when they're reading this) since they may not have something that they can use in the meantime. But I guess it just depends on how patient the OP is.
I've been running Kodi since it was first released for public consumption, I think it was the first alpha release but I'm not positive. On my i3 based laptop, I haven't seen a single issue with it. None. I say go right to the latest release.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Install question0