Best XBMC Remote for Chromebox
(2015-08-25, 21:11)bobones Wrote: Harmony Smart Control has a really nice uncomplicated handset, and the smart control hub makes it easy to change inputs etc. The remote handset "talks" to the hub over RF so you don't need to point it at your devices. The hub blasts IR signals (or uses Bluetooth or IP) to manage your devices. One button selects and action (e.g. Watch TV, Watch a Movie (on Kodi), Listen to Music etc.) and the rest of the remote buttons control the appropriate device e,g, home cinema amp for volume, kodi for playback functions, sky box for epg navigation etc.

Logitech marketing seems to emphasize the smartphone app, but in reality the handset is the star. Although it seems it may have too few buttons, you can assign an action for short and long press if required. For example, I have long press on "Info" button displaying codec information For the chromebox, you'd be best using with an MCE receiver (Maplin's remote works great) or it can operate as a bluetooth PS3 remote.

Easily one of the best pieces of equipment I have ever bought and makes operating a complex a/v system a breeze for anybody.

From what I've been able to find, the Harmony doesn't really do IP control, IP is limited to things like some lighting controller or thermostat etc. If there is a way to make it talk to IP devices let me know! e.g. I don't see any IP control of Tv, AV receiver etc.
(2015-08-25, 17:39)TDB73 Wrote: Has anyone got a recommendation for an easy to use properly functioning remote for Chromebox running kodi ? I've read many posts and there seems to be no consensus as to what works the best. Its mainly for my wife as I use yatse so I'm just looking for a minimalist remote without a million keys.

I had used the FireTV remote ( both voice and non-voice) with the Chromebox and I swear it's easier than PS3 and HP-MCE.
(2015-08-30, 06:18)cd2022 Wrote:
(2015-08-25, 17:39)TDB73 Wrote: Has anyone got a recommendation for an easy to use properly functioning remote for Chromebox running kodi ? I've read many posts and there seems to be no consensus as to what works the best. Its mainly for my wife as I use yatse so I'm just looking for a minimalist remote without a million keys.

I had used the FireTV remote ( both voice and non-voice) with the Chromebox and I swear it's easier than PS3 and HP-MCE.

The Fire TV remote has very limited functionality though - not much more than an Apple TV remote. If you want dedicated keys for numbers, subtitles, audio track switching, OSD, PVR / Live TV etc. the Fire TV remote is a bit limited. It doesn't even have a volume control does it?
Honestly I never use the volume controls on the box itself its always the audio system that I use weither that be the TV itself or an AVR or speakers. I always leave the volume on the boxes set to 100% myself. I have never run into an issue doing it this way personally. So for me volume keys on the control remote for the media box is nothing but a waste.
(2015-08-30, 15:53)Topken Wrote: Honestly I never use the volume controls on the box itself its always the audio system that I use weither that be the TV itself or an AVR or speakers. I always leave the volume on the boxes set to 100% myself. I have never run into an issue doing it this way personally. So for me volume keys on the control remote for the media box is nothing but a waste.

Ah - in one of my installs I have a fixed level amp so use Kodi to change the volume. On my Pi 2 (off topic for here) I have my AVR CEC controlled by the Pi 2 - so the Pi remote volume control alters the AVR. No need for two remotes whilst watching.
I personally plan on picking up either a harmony 350 or 650 some time down the road.
hi,

i write here because of the almost same issue.

i have a Logitech Harmony 650 and Asus Chromebox (it is received today)... Can i use this remote on Chromebox? i think "no" right? Because chromebox doesn't have ir receiver...

i know i can use flirc, but it is so expensive..

So... i dont want any air or bluetooth mouse near my Harmony...

What would you advise me?
i wonder http://www.ebay.com/itm/MCE-PC-USB-Infra...Sw7I5TvSPs this receiver works with chromebox?
I have one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HP-USB-MCE-I...xyLchRreyI

It works fine.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
really? its wonderful Smile thanks.
(2015-11-05, 18:26)BoxFreak Wrote: I have one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HP-USB-MCE-I...xyLchRreyI

It works fine.

Be careful, thats a chinese knock off. I bought one and its total crap. Range and repeat function sucks. Nothing like the real HP receiver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best XBMC Remote for Chromebox0