Best XBMC Remote for Chromebox
(2014-12-12, 20:34)wrxtasy Wrote: Ahhh, good to know. I've probably mixed it up then with USB dual boot switching when using Flirc.

What about the Bluetooth Apple Aluminium Ones then ?

no bluetooth keyboard will work, because the BT connection is handled by the OS, not the BT receiver, whereas with RF keyboards, they (mostly) present to the box as just another USB keyboard. It's the ones that require OS/driver init (or don't adhere to USB timing standards) that give problems
Cheers Matt.

Maybe update the Wiki with that info about Bluetooth and also known Wireless keyboards that do Actually Work - like the list for remote controls ?

(2014-12-13, 04:07)wrxtasy Wrote: Cheers Matt.

Maybe update the Wiki with that info about Bluetooth and also known Wireless keyboards that do Actually Work - like the list for remote controls ?

I'll add a note on BT keyboards. A known-working keyboard list could get lengthy in a hurry; I think blacklisting the bad actors is a better way to go.
Thanks for the advice I bought the fire tv remote in the end. Im just wondering if anyone has any idea as to how I can set it up with the Chromebox? Even a link to a video/thread would be great!

EDIT: I figured it out, very easy to set up and it seems to be working great.
(2014-12-13, 05:03)Matt Devo Wrote: I'll add a note on BT keyboards. A known-working keyboard list could get lengthy in a hurry; I think blacklisting the bad actors is a better way to go.

My Bluetooth Rii mini keyboard http://www.riitek.com/product_Info.asp?id=80 is the remote I use with OE all the time is the issue only on dual boot? The only minor issue I have with it and also with the FTV remote is that it seems takes a second or so to wake up BT.

Marin
Is there a remote combination that will let me do bluetooth and have a headphone connection much like the ROKU?

I need to hide the box so cant use IR.
I use the box in my workout room so I need headphones to connect into the remote or be able to use both a bluetooth/rf remote AND headphone (bluetooth?)

Thanks
(2014-12-09, 04:02)joseacevedo Wrote: Yea the fire tv stick remote works just fine in the chromebox. But I prefer the Rii i8 Mini 2.4GHz Wireless Touchpad Keyboard with Mouse for PC, PAD, XBox 360, PS3, Google Android TV Box, HTPC..And is only $ 16 at Amazon .What I like it has the keyboard so is very handy.

PLEASE tell me how you have gotten this to work lol

I have seen so many reviews and there is NO actual proof anywhere for tech support or anything
i Just received it in the mail and it does not work with my amazon tv stick the bluetooth wont recognize.
I just buy a bluetooth dongle and use a PS3 remote, no keyboard but it works for me.
(2015-02-21, 22:29)ashman70 Wrote: I just buy a bluetooth dongle and use a PS3 remote, no keyboard but it works for me.

No need for a dongle. The chromebox has Bluetooth built-in. The only thing with the ps3 remote is that you have to make sure you enable the standby option for it or the batteries will drain rapidly. Beyond that, it's a great remote.

If one prefers ir, a flirc would be the best option as it allows you to use virtually any ir remote you have laying around.
Yes, true, I was getting confused because I need a BT dongle on my Raspberry Pi 2's for bluetooth to work.
I have the Amazon fire stick someone wrote that they used the irainy air keyboard mouse but I plugged my tv stick in and turned the irainy remote on and r doesn't Bluetooth
There is like no actual info about Thai anywhere in the web
Anyone else have these problems and suggest anything else to use with my Amazon fire stock to use my apps we installed I need something like an air mouse to point where I want to go to select something specific Confused
(2015-02-22, 04:54)blondiegrl Wrote: I have the Amazon fire stick someone wrote that they used the irainy air keyboard mouse but I plugged my tv stick in and turned the irainy remote on and r doesn't Bluetooth
There is like no actual info about Thai anywhere in the web
Anyone else have these problems and suggest anything else to use with my Amazon fire stock to use my apps we installed I need something like an air mouse to point where I want to go to select something specific Confused

since your question/issue has nothing to do with the topic of this post (a remote for the ChromeBox), I suggest you move your inquiry to one of the threads on the FireTV stick or start a new one.
Anybody tried this internal flirc??
http://www.streacom.com/news/
(2015-02-22, 11:17)ozkhan1 Wrote: Anybody tried this internal flirc??
http://www.streacom.com/news/

how is this relevant to the ChromeBox?
Matt I assume he is talking about using this with the Chromebox http://www.streacom.com/products/flirc-s...-receiver/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best XBMC Remote for Chromebox0