Kodi Buffering Durring HD Movies
Hello. First, let me say that I am newbie. I used to use MediOS on a Windows machine, and just switched to Kodi. Kodi is great, and so much easier to use!

That being said, I am having a problem when playing back high definition movies from my movie server on my local network. The movies will play for about a minute or so, then the audio and video freezes for about 5 seconds, and then starts playing again. Right as the movie unfreezes, the pause icon shows up in the middle of the video for a split second. It does this every minute or two. Is this a buffering issue? I have read on here where people talk about seeing their buffer; how do you do that? I'm hoping this is a simple, common thing that can be easily fixed.

I'm using a brand new Apple Mac Mini hooked up to my unraid server through a Cisco SGE2010P switch. In Kodi (monthly 64 bit version I believe), when I added movies from the server to view, in the Video section I went to Add Videos, clicked on Volumes, and them added each drive on my sever (if that matters). Oh, and I'm using the Aeon Nox skin.

I'm new to all of this, and not very computer tech savvy. If anyone has heard of this before, or knows how to fix this problem, I'd much appreciate the help.
Thanks in advance.
I've noticed that this also happens when I play back standard definition, DVD ISO files from my server. Not as frequent, maybe every 5 or 6 minutes, and the pause is only a couple of seconds.
Any help with this would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks.
1. Enable debug logging in system settings and disable all live tv related addons (keeps logfile smaller)
2. Reboot
3. Reproduce your issue(s)
4. Grab a Debug Log
5. Paste it on a pastebin site like: pastebin.com
6. Post the URL which you got in here

Please in that order

Greetings
David1977, sounds good. I will do this. Where do I find the Debug Log once it is created on my Mac?
With some quick and fairly easy looking like on wiki for e.g. you can find it Advanced#Location (wiki)
Ok. Sorry for the delay. here is the link to the Kodi log file:
http://pastebin.com/irChbdcL
Has anyone been able to see any problems in my log file that would explain why I have the issue with movies pausing during playback?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
I dont know much about Macs, but is there any hardware acceleration in the video settings available for this system? Seems that it runs on software acceleration. What does the cpu say if you press "o" while playing a file?

And btw....kodi is stable now...if you still run rc2 i would first upgrade to the stable version and have a look if its already fixed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Buffering Durring HD Movies0