Solved ATV3 no gesture + resolution1080p
Hi.

I've been browsing around trying to figure out a solution, but without succes.

Im using an iPad mini Retina jailbreaked with xbmc installed streaming to atv3, and since displayout seems far away, i have to find another solution. But...

1.When i shift to fullscreen#2 to Make it fullscreen, my iPad turns into a gesture mode, witch don't really works for me, and i can't exit it again. Can i completly remove it through ifile or any other way?

2. When in fullscreen#2 i still get a small border, can i remove those by changing the resolution in ifile to 1920x1080? Or is there any other way around it?

Hope you guys can help me out
Thanks
1. The small border is something apple broke in ios8 - its not there with ios7 and lower. Nothing we can do about - you would need to calibrate this with your tv or just live with it
2. What do you mean the gesture doesn't work for you? At some point it worked only when swiping above the logo - is this your issue maybe? (though i really thought that i have fixed that a dozens of times)
3. You can use a bluetoothkeyboard or a bluetooth remote for controlling xbmc if you have
4. You could also use any remote app or a webbrowser from another device for controlling it.

Which ios version do you have on your atv3?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz

I'm running 7.0.2 (6915) on ATV.

My problem with the gesture is i have no idea where i am om the screen, and when i'm finally starting a movie, i can't navigate the selections menu for stop, play forward, or make any selections like choosing subs, all i can do is swipe left to close down the movie. Also i can't enter settings or even exit fullscreen#2 once it's chosen.

I know i can use another remote, but i kinda wan't it to be simple without too many remotes everywhere, if i could just use my iPad like in fullscreen#1 it would be much easier.

(It would have been awsome if the remote part from the official app was an option when entering fullscreen#2)

Thanks for your reply.
You can't look at the TV while you are controlling it with the iPad?

Tap on the iPad to bring up the on-screen-display controls during video playback.
I can see the on screen display, but i can't see witch control botten i'm at. They dont light up when i'm swiping around.
1. I was able to fix the smaller border when switching to fullscreen #2 - somehow in my appletv3 there is an option in audio & video which says something like "adjust overscan for airplay" - turn it off and the border should be gone ...
2. You are controlling XBMC via swiping on the pad then ... (swipe left, right, up, down is like pressing the cursor keys on a keyboard then). Ensure that you are using confluence skin - the touched skin which is default on ipad doesn't work when using it via tvout (which is basically what you are doing here - tvout over the air).
3. Using airplay tvout only allows 720p - you need to attach the ios device via hdmi to a tv for getting full 1080p...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thanks, that wasnt the answer i was hoping for, but it answered my questions.

Guess i'll go back to the old media center again, and just use Windows/xbmc remote, it works, but it not the Best solution for me though...

Thanks
Ohh why - i thought i finally solved all your issues (by assuming you were using the touched skin which can't be used on tvout - which was the problem why you didn't see the selected items) ... well nvm ...
I was using the touchskin on tv out yes, and since thats not posible, and since AirPlay tvout only offers 720p i might aswell use my media center and use the official Remote, and skip atv again.
hehe fair point Wink
(2014-12-09, 21:05)Memphiz Wrote: 1. The small border is something apple broke in ios8 - its not there with ios7 and lower. Nothing we can do about - you would need to calibrate this with your tv or just live with it

Finally got around to plugging my ipad (now on ios 8) into a tv.

There is a small border when playing any video, in any/every app. What have they done!? Can't they just leave stuff that works alone Sad

At least when/if they get around to fixing this then kodi will work as well. Wish I'd stayed on ios 7 now Angry

Edit: Hmm its only for third-party apps. The 'native' player / photos app still go full screen. That's actually bad news because it means they won't fix it if their 'native' apps aren't broken :S What are they doing differently that every other third-party app isn't? Just curious..
(2014-12-10, 01:19)Memphiz Wrote: 1. I was able to fix the smaller border when switching to fullscreen #2 - somehow in my appletv3 there is an option in audio & video which says something like "adjust overscan for airplay" - turn it off and the border should be gone ...

Not sure if this also applies to cabled tvout or only airplay mirroring ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV3 no gesture + resolution1080p0