Flirc, Logitech Harmony One and XBMC
So there's a Flirc pre-set on the harmony that doesn't actually work by itself?

Either way, that's something I really don't understand at all, pairing up a Flirc with a Harmony. A learning receiver with a learning remote. You really only need one or the other.

I'm not a big fan of any of the Harmony remotes, though. They're not bad at all, but meh, I just don't seem to like them.
Yes.
Were you not paying attention in class in Post #2 Sleepy Ha ha
It may work with a MCE IR receiver, but I don't have one to test on.

You really don't have to choose it tho, and can just pick a MCE device from the list and choose XBMC as the model. So long as all the Harmony buttons have IR commands assigned before you re-map in the Flirc software. The Flirc device profile in the Harmony Software may have some custom stuff for Inter-key delays.
Edit ***Confimed in Flirc firmware CTRL + F12 - XBMC keystrokes are use when PowerOff command is assigned to a Harmony button. Choose Flirc device ***

The reason I still use mine was from back in the days when the PS3 had a PVR (PlayTV - PAL only), pre HDMI CEC as well. It was very handy to setup macros on the programmable Harmony to turn everything on in order by hitting one button only. You could also create a Frankenremote control learning IR commands from every device in the house and assigning buttons.
One remote to rule them all !! Big Grin

Plus, busted / expensive / custom - remote controls can easily be programmed and replaced with the Harmony.

(2014-12-11, 10:09)Ned Scott Wrote: So there's a Flirc pre-set on the harmony that doesn't actually work by itself?

Either way, that's something I really don't understand at all, pairing up a Flirc with a Harmony. A learning receiver with a learning remote. You really only need one or the other.

I'm not a big fan of any of the Harmony remotes, though. They're not bad at all, but meh, I just don't seem to like them.

They do both have their uses even combined. A Harmony is much more about "Activities" than just controlling one item.
I couldn't get the flirc to turn my projector on, bring the screen down, or switch the fire/lights on/off.

To use the Harmony with a media player they generally need a USB infra red input. Flirc is perfect for this, it's small, it very adjustable and can be moved from and to any player.
You could go a bit cheaper with an MCE remote but it doesn't have the same amount of adjustment and can't be used on Windows PC, then into a PI then a Mac Mini

I fought the need for a universal remote for years. When I hid all my equipment I needed to be able to control without line of sight and thus a Harmony was introduced. I now use one in the bedroom even though it only controls the TV, PC and lights. I will put in extra effort now so I can be extremely lazy later on.

@wrxtasy

Sorry about that, corrected now, it looks like you can add sequence to add more buttons in the Harmony software, this need to be mapped to sequence rather than the device, I tried it yesterday but it didn't work, it was late and I didn't persevere, I will try again and see if I can get it to work, if it does I would map the two additional hardware buttons to the wake and suspend in the Flirc keyboard.

I will let you know how I get on with this.
I use Flirc and a Harmony 650, after trying a few methods the best way imo was setting up the Harmony as an MCE keyboard in the Logitech software and assigning all of the buttons, building a custom keymap for XBMC, and then manually mapping stuff in the Flirc software. Took a little bit to setup, but this allows me to get the full functionality of the Harmony including customized buttons on the Harmony to jump to Movies, TV Shows, specific add-ons, etc.

If I want a new function available on the remote I can just map an unused F key in the keymap, and assign the button to that key in the Flirc software
Yes those extra buttons on the Harmony 650 compared to the Harmony One sure come in handy for direct jumps into Movies etc.

Unfortunately I have the One Sad

I am currently following this guide: http://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/topic/1...ed/?p=8871

to get the wake and suspend working with the Harmony One, I am stuck though as I cannot find the directory keybords under /storage/.kodi.userdata, it is not under a folder called peripherals either, should I create this folder and drop the suspend.xml in there?

I am using Kodi 14 me thinks.
I'm using Openelec on an RPi, and I believe all there distributions are pretty similar.
This is with Kodi 14 RC3.
I put suspend.xml in /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps

Yep go ahead and create the keymaps directory and see how it goes.

You may not even need to map the WAKE key, I just press any button on the Remote to wake up my RPi from Sleep or Suspend. I did not map it at all. Chromeboxes may be different however.

Have a look at this more up to date guide as it applies to all Harmony remotes:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1860395

(2014-12-13, 16:50)wrxtasy Wrote: I'm using Openelec on an RPi, and I believe all there distributions are pretty similar.
This is with Kodi 14 RC3.
I put suspend.xml in /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps

Yep go ahead and create the keymaps directory and see how it goes.

You may not even need to map the WAKE key, I just press any button on the Remote to wake up my RPi from Sleep or Suspend. I did not map it at all. Chromeboxes may be different however.

Have a look at this more up to date guide as it applies to all Harmony remotes:

Thank you for the link, wake now works but not suspend, I will have probably to map a key to wake in Flirc software and see if this makes suspend work, the wake with any it signal is not good for me either as the chromebox wakes from any remote signal, so the box wakes even if I am going to watch just ordinary TV.

I am going to change the E button to power off in the harmony software then map the wake to cntr + f12 in Flirc, hope this will do the trick to wake only when the XBMC activity is pressed on the Harmony.

Which Harmony do you have by the way, the one+? the reason I am asking is that I have tried the new harmony software, myharmony and the only thing I can do in there is add activity, maybe the harmony one still needs to use the old software for customising.

Edit:

Just read again your linked post and I am now not going to map the E button in Flirk.
I transferred my settings over to the new MyHarmony Online Software, using my old Login and Password.
It works with my old Harmony One.
It registers in the new software as a Harmony One+

You have actually got it all backwards.
The PowerOff command = CTRL+F12. These two keystrokes are sent to XBMC.
PowerOff = Suspend to the Chromebox, once you add the suspend.xml file.
If you map that to the WAKE key , the box will actually Suspend.

In the Harmony Software just map the PowerOff command to the "E" Logitech remote control button.
In Flirc do not remap this "E" button at all, leave it alone, it works fine without further remapping.

Confirming you have done this:
Quote:6. Flirc Advanced Settings:
=================
Tick the Following:
- Sleep Detection
- Builtin Profiles

Hit ERASE in Flirc while the dongle is connected and start again. Then Do not map the WAKE key in Flirc at all and see if that stops any remote control waking up the Chromebox. If that does not work try un-ticking sleep detection.

Try also Flirc > File > Upgrade Firmware
I believe the Flirc Firmware has been updated so any button on the Harmony remote now wakes up any XBMC device connected to Flirc.
Thats how it wakes with my setup on my RPi.

(2014-12-14, 13:46)wrxtasy Wrote: I transferred my settings over to the new MyHarmony Online Software, using my old Login and Password.
It works with my old Harmony One.
It registers in the new software as a Harmony One+

You have actually got it all backwards.
The PowerOff command = CTRL+F12. These two keystrokes are sent to XBMC.
PowerOff = Suspend to the Chromebox, once you add the suspend.xml file.
If you map that to the WAKE key , the box will actually Suspend.

In the Harmony Software just map the PowerOff command to the "E" Logitech remote control button.
In Flirc do not remap this "E" button at all, leave it alone, it works fine without further remapping.

Confirming you have done this:
Quote:6. Flirc Advanced Settings:
=================
Tick the Following:
- Sleep Detection
- Builtin Profiles

Hit ERASE in Flirc while the dongle is connected and start again. Then Do not map the WAKE key in Flirc at all and see if that stops any remote control waking up the Chromebox. If that does not work try un-ticking sleep detection.

Try also Flirc > File > Upgrade Firmware
I believe the Flirc Firmware has been updated so any button on the Harmony remote now wakes up any XBMC device connected to Flirc.
Thats how it wakes with my setup on my RPi.

Humm, still not working:

I have the following set up below:

Harmony software Flirc, XBMC:

Menu - Red
Exit - Green
Guide - Yellow
Channel Up - Direction Up
Channel Down - Direction Down
Prev - ParentFolder
Record - Blue
Plus - ShowSubtitles
E - PowerOff

Flirc GUI:

XBMC keyboard - Harmony remote:

C > Menu
E > Guide
I > Info
Esc > Exit
<-Backspace > Back (Prev button)
Tab > Arrow Up (between Menu and Info buttons)
B > Arrow Down
K > Record
O > 0 (Zero button)
T > Plus
Ctrl + S > E

Should the suspend.xml file perhaps have kodi instead of xbmc?

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<f12 mod="ctrl">kodi.Suspend()</f12>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Something is not right somehow.
Nearly there but if you want Suspend / Resume to work you need to follow the following guide from step 4. onwards.....
Important Sleepy Suspend / Resume / Wake functions Eek

Quote:In the Harmony Software just map the PowerOff command to the "E" Logitech remote control button.
Those Flirc keymaps are just suggestion and not hard rules. You can choose what you want that makes sense to your setup. I use Live TV so I map the keys for that. Your setup may be different.
Refer Here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

In fact I will remove the Ctrl + S > E. As its not needed and confusing.
Please read this carefully again:

Do not map the remote control "E" button to any key in the Flirc software. No

The suspend.xml file is fine don't put kodi.Suspend in there as it may not work.

Fingers crossed ! Smile

(2014-12-14, 16:00)wrxtasy Wrote: Nearly there but if you want Suspend / Resume to work you need to follow the following guide from step 4. onwards.....
Important Sleepy Suspend / Resume / Wake functions Eek

Quote:In the Harmony Software just map the PowerOff command to the "E" Logitech remote control button.
Those Flirc keymaps are just suggestion and not hard rules. You can choose what you want that makes sense to your setup. I use Live TV so I map the keys for that. Your setup may be different.
Refer Here:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Keyboard_controls

In fact I will remove the Ctrl + S > E. As its not needed and confusing.
Please read this carefully again:

Do not map the remote control "E" button to any key in the Flirc software. No

The suspend.xml file is fine don't put kodi.Suspend in there as it may not work.

Fingers crossed ! Smile

Thanks for all your help wrxtasy, this is really weird, without doing anything at all suspend is now working and turn the chromebox off, however the chromebox does not wake up when I pressed the watch XBMC on the Harmony, when I use another activity it does not wake it either, which is good but turns it on when the this is turned off?!?

I have deleted the cntr + s to E in flirc gui but it's still acting the same, I am going to read your steps from 4 onwards and see what I have got missing.
Just to report back on my progress, I have got everything working great with the remote, the harmony switches the Chromebox on and turn it off as it should, the Chromebox does not turn on when any other button on the remote is pressed but one annoying thing is that when I power any other activity on the remote it switched the chromebox on?!!??
Good news.

Just confirming, have you have mapped the WAKE key in the Flirc software to a button on the remote ?
(mine is not mapped to anything)
Click ERASE in the Flirc software and click the WAKE key.

Also - a step may have been missed from the other thread:
My Harmony Online Software:
Quote:3. Flirc Media Player > Change Device Settings > Power settings > I want to turn this device off when not is use > I press the same button for on and for off > Add Command > PowerOff > Finish

If that does not work review the Activities in the Harmony software ie. Watch TV. etc.
Change the settings for the activity and remove any references to Flirc/XBMC in the activity that is causing problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flirc, Logitech Harmony One and XBMC0