Solved TV on OpenELEC 4.97.1 on RPI
When PVR.WMC is enabled and setup on OpenELEC 4.97.1 on my RPI "TV" does not appear on the main menu bar. The warning about no pvr addons while live tv is enabled does NOT appear.

When NextPVR is enabled "TV" does appear.

Everything seems to work on Windows 7 with Kodi 14.0 RC2. I just noticed RC3 is now up.

Is there a solution?
post a kodi debug log?
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I wonder if this is what PR:3673 is intended to fix? Should be in the next OpenELEC release (rc or nightly).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Since this is not really an operational issue I didn't think the log would capture it. I am guessing that it may be a skin issue.

When I get a chance I'll post the log.
I have figured out the problem, but need a solution.
Problem: Evidently I need to get a new PVR.WMC front end, the old one (0.2.99) does not work in Kodi/OpenELEC (4.97.2 now with Kodi RC3)

For some reason the 0.2.99 lets itself be configured and enabled, but does not function.

I tried to install pvr.wmc-linux-arm-0.3.107.zip, but "install from zip" reports that the zip does not have the correct structure. Is it me?

.Well this is odd; I just reset the PVR database on the RPI Openelec. Now pvr.wmc shows as 0.3.108 it is configured and enabled but "TV" still does not show on the banner.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=373409
H'mm, I just switched to the Eminence skin. pvr.wmc seems to work now. And switched back to Confluence and it still works! ServerWMC reports to System Info now as the PVR service.

As far as I can tell that was all the difference. No new updates, still OpenELEC 4.97.2 5.0/Kodi 14.0 rc3 compiled Dec. 9,2014

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV on OpenELEC 4.97.1 on RPI0