Color of EPG
Had this before upgrade to kodi and now can't remember how to do it. I would like the EPG to have multiple colors in it.

Anyone point me in right direction?
I think something must have changed with Kodi, because I lost the color EPG as well. There's a file you had to add to NextPVR to map the genres, and my NextPVR instance still has that file. But no color in the EPG.
I experienced the same thing. I was able to get EPG genre colors working by editing the skin to use the genre name to determine color instead of the genre code.
(2014-12-10, 01:26)bryanbrazil Wrote: I experienced the same thing. I was able to get EPG genre colors working by editing the skin to use the genre name to determine color instead of the genre code.

Can you elaborate as to what you did?
(2014-12-10, 02:44)mzup Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 01:26)bryanbrazil Wrote: I experienced the same thing. I was able to get EPG genre colors working by editing the skin to use the genre name to determine color instead of the genre code.

Can you elaborate as to what you did?

See the MyPVRGuide.xml from the Mimic skin...

https://github.com/bryanbrazil/skin.mimi...RGuide.xml

Specifically this line:

Code:
<texture>$INFO[ListItem.Genre,pvr/genres/,.png]</texture>

It uses the images in the skin's media/pvr/genres folder, they need to be named the same as the channel genres. Some genres have a slash "/" in the name, though, and filenames can't have slashes, so those items will get the default genre texture.

That seems like a hack rather than a solution. I checked, and Kodi 14 seems to be getting 256 as the genre number from the NPVR add on. That number is listed as "use genre name from backend." With the XML mapping file Gotham used to get an actual genre number that matched the images in the default skin. So either something changed with NPVR, the PVR addon, or with the way Helix is expecting to get the genre number.

I use the guide so infrequently that I'm not going to worry about it. I definitely don't want to have to make image files for every genre string.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Color of EPG0