• 28(current)
ODROID-C1 from Hardkernel is a $35 Development Board powered by AMLogic S805
(2015-10-25, 12:06)gredawarha Wrote: Okay guys thanks for the tips and conversation which a lot of goes over my head. Have downloaded media info first file that I have viewed that displays this audio sync issue when fast forwarding is:

MPEG-4
AVC video
AAC audio

2nd:

Matroska
AVC video
DTS audio
This bit of troubleshooting would get better and speedier help if it were asked over in the specific ODROID OpenELEC thread.
There are some knowledgable Kodi / Linux guys there that can help too.
http://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=16093

Okay, will post over there, thanks.
(2015-10-24, 20:54)wrxtasy Wrote: Knows issues with all AMLogic media players:

mpeg2 in .vob containers stutters (ir DVD Rips)
29.97 interlaced VC-1 plays with micro stutters

Some also have trouble with 3D HSBS/SBS fixed with new Firmware I've just plugged in.

As Ronbaby said, you need to run these files though Mediainfo to see what your dealing with:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/

And even then the ultimate solution may be to convert via Handbrake.
Also try playing files from a usb stick if strange things are happening across a Network.

There is a test OpenELEC version here with updated Firmware you might like to try:
https://mega.nz/#!i081kJTT!xMZ9CmICv0pI9...OyYvHAyJ_c

Drop the .tar file in the Update folder on the SD card and then reboot.

I tried this last night, downloaded and placed in the updates folder. Rebooted but it hasn't upgraded. Tried the same with your Jarvis .tar and the same, no update.

I read on your thread the edit about .tar issues and downloading asamba config but I didn't understand where this should be placed.
Download this file and unzip.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2764...a.conf.zip

1) put the samba.conf file in the "Configfiles" directory and then reboot the C1
2) put the mali turbo.tar in the Update directory and then reboot.

After successfully updating, remove the samba.conf file from the Configfiles directory.
All update .tar issues will now be fixed from this point onwards if you use the Kodi 15.2 final and Jarvis versions. Smile

(2015-10-30, 10:28)wrxtasy Wrote: Download this file and unzip.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2764...a.conf.zip

1) put the samba.conf file in the "Configfiles" directory and then reboot the C1
2) put the mali turbo.tar in the Update directory and then reboot.

After successfully updating, remove the samba.conf file from the Configfiles directory.
All update .tar issues will now be fixed from this point onwards if you use the Kodi 15.2 final and Jarvis versions. Smile

Thank you have successfully upgraded to Jarvis
OpenELEC 6.0 - Kodi 15.2 Final released for the C1(+)
The C1+ really is a speedy little bugger when running a much tweaked OpenELEC 6.0

Injected some humour into one of the .tar updates with a Kodi is Awesome ! edition.

Thanks to Samfisher for his hilarious and whimsical background artwork. Fun for kids, big and small Smile
I'm still laughing looking at Lego Team Kodi at Work !

(2015-11-02, 11:01)wrxtasy Wrote: OpenELEC 6.0 - Kodi 15.2 Final released for the C1(+)
The C1+ really is a speedy little bugger when running a much tweaked OpenELEC 6.0

Injected some humour into one of the .tar updates with a Kodi is Awesome ! edition.

Thanks to Samfisher for his hilarious and whimsical background artwork. Fun for kids, big and small Smile
I'm still laughing looking at Lego Team Kodi at Work !

Hi wrxtasy

Is this your final image for the C1+?

Any advantage to running this over your Jarvis release? Thank you for all your hard work.
The obvious factors of stability as its not Alpha or Beta software. It seems a bit faster as well.
Really the only stuff at the moment in Jarvis I would use would be the intelligent TV recording features for TV Headend, although I have not explored Jarvis fully.

I will do another Jarvis build next, its just gone to Beta status.

Basically will this passthrough hd audio?
(2015-12-07, 22:29)abpostelnicu Wrote: Basically will this passthrough hd audio?

No - PCM2.0/DD/DTS only.

The C1/C1+ won't bitstream HD Audio, nor will it output PCM 5.1/7.1 (like the Pi and Pi2 can) - so you can't do a lossless decode in Kodi of DTS-HD MA or Dolby True HD to multichannel PCM either.
The standard AC3/Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 lossy Audio passthrough with this device.

The eternal question is can you tell the difference anyway ?
Have you even got high quality speakers to properly hear the frequencies contained in HD Audio anyway ?

(2015-12-08, 05:14)wrxtasy Wrote: The standard AC3/Dolby Digital/DTS 5.1 lossy Audio passthrough with this device.

The eternal question is can you tell the difference anyway ?
Have you even got high quality speakers to properly hear the frequencies contained in HD Audio anyway ?

Most HD Audio tracks are 48kHz sample rate, the same as most AC3/DTS tracks - so the frequency range is no different for either format, so it isn't a case that your speakers need to cover a different frequency range (though there are some 96 and 192kHz HD Audio tracks, the vast majority are 48k) There is sometimes a bit depth difference - with HD Audio often (but not always) being 24 bit rather than 16 bit (which can mean a larger dynamic range, but in reality this may not be used).

The real difference between HD Audio and AC3/DTS is that the former delivers clean, uncompressed audio when it has been decoded, whilst the latter uses lossy compression, so some audio information is lost. The information that is lost is based on psychoacoustic compression, where the audio content that is lost should be content that you can't hear is missing. Whether this is audible or not will depend on your brain, and how you hear, and the quality of your hearing. It will also depend on the bitrates involved. There is a big difference between a 384kbps AC3 file and a 640kbps AC3 file. I've got a DVD with a 256kbps 5.1 AC3 track. It sounds marginally better than AM radio...

It's effectively the difference between listening to an uncompressed CD (or a FLAC, ALAC or WAV copy) and an MP3/AAC file with lossy compression. Lots of people chose not to compress their audio collection to avoid any potential quality loss, as a guarantee that they will never hear compromised audio. Even if in 90%, 95%, 99% of cases you can't hear the compression, some people feel that there is no point in compressing as they don't want to compromise their audio for the 10%, 5% or 1% of content that they may hear the difference.

In reality lots of cases people can't hear the difference between a high bitrate AC3/DTS track and a lossless DTS-HD MA/Dolby True HD track IF it's in the same format.

HOWEVER, all of this is moot when you move to discussing 7.1 audio and if you have a 7.1 audio system. In this case you may DEFINITELY hear a difference. This is because AC3/DTS lossy tracks are almost universally 5.1 (there are some 6.1 DTS ES tracks but they are quite rare). Lots of HD Audio is 7.1 rather than 5.1 though. If you have a 7.1 system then the lossless compression isn't the reason you want HD Audio, it's much more important aspect is that it delivers 7.1. If you are listening to a DTS/AC3 track it will be being up sampled from 5.1 to 7.1, whereas if you are listening to a lossless decoded or bitstreamed HD Audio track mastered in 7.1 you will get it natively in 7.1

If you have a new DTS:X or Dolby Atmos system then HD Audio bitstreaming is the only way of delivering the new sound formats to your audio system (lossless decoding, as used by the Pi 2) isn't suitable as there is no current solution for decoding of these formats or for carriage of them over PCM AFAIK.
(2015-10-24, 22:43)ronbaby Wrote: (Also, it is a bit of a stretch to say that Kodi on Pi/Pi2 "supports" DD, DTS, True HD, and DTS-HD/MA, given that pass-through isn't actually possible.)

Pi / Pi 2 bitstreams/passes through DD and DTS fine. It losslessly decodes DT-HD MA and Dolby True HD (apart from 5.1/7.1 192kHz stuff), though the current builds don't support both at the same time (if you enable passthrough you will get DD/DTS cores instead of decoded HD Audio I think?).
Perhaps someone would write a Wiki page for Dolby TrueHD/DTS-HDMA support and the RPi, then we could just redirect forum members each and every time this question is asked... Smile
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
http://www.cnx-software.com/2015/12/28/o...the-works/

hopefully a 2gb version is in the works
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID-C1 from Hardkernel is a $35 Development Board powered by AMLogic S8051