Kodi RC-3 You guys are on a roll!
But how come you guys don't advertise the new versions in the announcement thread like you used to with other versions? Just curious.
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
I think it comes down to different release managers having different methods. So, because of that, something a little different is being tried this year than in the past.

Right now the pre-release bumps are based on a time schedule rather than some major change/improvement/group of changes, but blog posts are still only made for major changes so people don't get flooded with minor blog updates. You might wonder why we bother to change the version at all, in that case, and I think the answer is so that it still triggers upgrade reminders for the version check add-on.

At least, that is my understanding.
Ok got it, thanks. Was just curious Smile
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
hello i just installed kodi RC3 andmy keyboard in kodi does not hve any letters in it to type its blank? whats going on!
(2014-12-13, 04:41)rtotem1 Wrote: hello i just installed kodi RC3 andmy keyboard in kodi does not hve any letters in it to type its blank? whats going on!

http://kodi.wiki/view/Helix_FAQ#On-scree...is_missing
(2014-12-10, 23:58)Ned Scott Wrote: Right now the pre-release bumps are based on a time schedule rather than some major change/improvement/group of changes, but blog posts are still only made for major changes so people don't get flooded with minor blog updates. You might wonder why we bother to change the version at all, in that case, and I think the answer is so that it still triggers upgrade reminders for the version check add-on.

Yup. The thinking is that the release script is available and that it would suffice for the interested users.

In general me an Martijn are trying to get the entire project to move to a RERO schedule, and doing that requires some automation so that we don't overwork the blog writers too Smile Also to releasing often we need to have very little friction doing a release, minimizing blog posts (as they take time to write etc) is semi necessarily. Hopefully we do releases so often that the RC/Stable announcements will often enough. (the aim is 3-4 a year)

This is very much a work in progress so if anyone have suggestions please bring them forward Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi RC-3 You guys are on a roll!0