[AFTV] Video (mpeg2 via HDHomeRun) pixelation when doing FF or RW
I installed Helix RC 3 on my AFTV which is running the latest pre rooted ROM.
And when I watch recordings via the PVR (NextPVR) add on the FF and RW pixelate badly (rewind is really bad)
The best it can do is the 2x FF.

Are there any setting in the config that can help with this? I tried messing around with the video sync etc and that actually
made the issue worse.

the video playback is good around 60fps.

it's not a network issue as when I plug other devices into the same jack I get a gigabit connection (Intel NUC).

Thanks
Been doing some more digging and it appears it may be a issue with mpeg2 which the TV recordings are done in via a HDHomeRun (standard non the plus)
At work now but does anyone know if the mediacodec decoder is the default one? it appears the issue may be solved by turning mediacodec off and turning the libstagefright one on.

Anyone else using a HDHomeRun and AFTV with Kodi?
I have the Fire Stick and I tried HDHomeRun but unfortunately without De-interlacing option it is pointless. In terms of rewind/fastforward I just use the skip button to jump ahead, I've never used FF/RW on any files though as I always find skip to be best.
I've been using an HDHomeRun (Plus) -> MythTV -> XBMC on the FireTV and I get that pixelation too. I'm using libstatefright for decoding (I though MediaCodec was discouraged on the AFTV?).

I've always assumed those were artifacts of the MPEG2 compression (the macroblocks from the P-frames being exposed until the next I-frame comes along to clear it) -- and that libstagefright was unable to gracefully handle FF'ing or RW'ing into a non I-frame.

In any case, I know of no way of eliminating the pixelation and I've just learned to live with it (since it only happens during FF or RW, it doesn't bother me that much).
I just used the mediacodec one by itself and
The pixelation went away, seems to to be a issue
With libstagefright

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AFTV] Video (mpeg2 via HDHomeRun) pixelation when doing FF or RW0