Linux Xbox 360 wireless broken on Kodi RC3 [fixed with git 238c5ef]
Just updated to RC3 and something with the xbox 360 wireless controller is broken. Mouse pointer is gone or flickers for a part of a second, main menu can't be browsed with the keyboard - it locks on the system menu item and selection can't be moved. Removing the xbox transmitter get the keyboard and mouse working again. Basic functionality when using the controller is there, but changing volume and seeking with the analog joysticks doesn't work at all. That the analog joysticks worked perfectly was my greatest joy when trying the first version 14 builds...

There were some mouse pointer issues when I updated to RC2, it disappeared, but came back after a video had been played. No problems other than that, analog joysticks worked flawlessly.

Do you want a log?

Kodi RC3 git f4576be 2014-12-10 installed on linux mint 17
Ok, the control and mouse started to work again, in a way.

I was about to make a debug log file when the screen blinked and the mouse cursor became visible again, and analog joysticks worked as they should. After rebooting several times and trying again, it now just takes a second or two before the mouse cursor appears and things are back as they used to. Weird.

Here's the first log, when the it started to work as the screen was locked, mouse pointer invisible, and only the system menu item available:

http://pastebin.com/jXD9nAMV

Here's a second log from when it starts to work a second or two after I try to use the mouse:

http://pastebin.com/RcQXF752

Before I posted the first post here, I rebooted a bunch of times, and tried many different things for a long time to no avail... starting from within the cinnamon desktop or directly into Kodi made no difference. I fiddled around maybe an hour in total and it was the same problems the whole time.

edit: just after posting this, it locked out again to start with, and I thought it was back as it was at first, but it behaved in a third way - locked screen, no mouser cursor, but as soon as I touched the right analog joystick (volume up) the screen blinked and everything started to work is as it should - mouse pointer, keyboard, gamepad controller.

log: http://pastebin.com/xvuAx9r6
Working nicely again with RC3 git 238c5ef from 2014-12-11, no screen flickering or menu lock ups, no problems with the analog joysticks.

Smile
I'm having this exact problem with my Xbox360 controller. Can you please explain what you mean by "RC3 git 238c5ef," and how you got your controller working with Kodi? I tried to find information on what that means, but this exact forum post is the top Google hit for it.

Thanks!
The git number specifies which source was used for the build, nothing you as a user should pay any attention to, really.

My problems were temporary for a few versions of unstable releases, and were fixed fast. Latest stable Kodi works really well for me with the xbox 360 wireless. Are you using that?

I'm really really grateful to those who fixed the xbox controller, many thanks! It was such a happy surprise when installing the first alpha builds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox 360 wireless broken on Kodi RC3 [fixed with git 238c5ef]0