Linux [SOLVED]USB Auto Mounting
I have tried searching for this but I can't find a simple solution so I'm hoping to get some help.

I have an Acer Revo RL70 nettop running Ubuntu 14.04 with XBMC Gotham installed.

All is well except for USB mounting. I run my media from a 1TB external drive.

In Ubuntu the drive mounts automatically.

In XBMC it doesn't mount unless I have mounted it in Ubuntu first.

I want to be able to boot into XBMC automatically without having to go into Ubuntu first to mount the drive.

Is there anyway to automatically mount an external HDD on start up for XBMC on Ubuntu? I don't want to install usbmount. And I would prefer a GUI approach instead of a terminal approach if possible.

Thanks in advance.

SOLVED: It has fixed itself apparently after I let the first load of the library happen uninterrupted.
See the pkla file here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=174854

make sure to install all depends it wants: pm-utils udisks consolekit upower

You need to create that relevant directory manually.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm having some trouble following what I actually need to do with that thread.

Could you give me some more specific instructions as to what I need to do to set up auto mounting?

Thanks
Okay new problem.

I've gotten the HDD to mount on start up by using the "Disks" utility.

My problem now is that the library won't update using the "update library" option. I can only get the library to update by going to Files>TV Shows>Scan for new content.

I have update library on start up chosen and I'd prefer not to have to continually go through the hassle of scanning for new content.

Does anyone have any help?
SOLVED: It has fixed itself apparently after I let the first load of the library happen uninterrupted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED]USB Auto Mounting0