OSX Yosemite and Gotham - SAMBA
OSX Version 10.10.1
ATV1
Open Elec 4.2.1 USB
linux 3.16.13
Gotham

I was running atv flash from firecore with frodo on the ATV1 hard drive but then decided to switch to crystalbuunto or open elec, tried installing one on the hard drive (wiping out the factory image) and then decided finally on running openelec from usb stick. Since changing from atv flash i have had no luck getting any files/directories to be accessible from my laptop. Ive even tried downgrading from gotham back to frodo and nothing changed (using ssh and dragging the .tar file in to the .update folder). I also tried upgrading to a kodi 14 release candidate by using the same method and it did not change. Still sitting using gotham.

to reiterate the problem is that i Cant seem to get any files to load from laptop to the atv. Whenever i try to configure a directory via samba (AFP is no longer presenting itself as an option) it just thinks and then does nothing and i cant add files. On the laptop side of things everything seems in order. The proper folder is being shared and is accessible.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=371262
Have you tried entering the samba share manually- "Add Network Location" and use the IP of your laptop in place of a name. And folder path, Username & password in the appropriate sections. Has always worked for me. Just have to make sure it's a static IP.

ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
I have tried this and it says operation not permitted or error broken pipe
I tried with a username and password and without, using the ip address provided in the sharing preference pane
I also tried adding the subfolder and not.

The IP address provided is 10.0.1.188
the sub folder is Downloads
It may be a networking IP problem.
I would use an Ethernet connection if you not doing that already.
Make sure your actually getting an IP address on the ATV1: System > System Info > Network

If that is not an issue:
Try adding videos using Zeroconfig > Laptop Name (SAMBA) > Downloads >

Is the OSX Firewall turned on ? (System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall)

The Users Window in OSX Sharing > File Sharing > Users....should have:

Username.........Read & Write
System group...Read & Write
Everyone..........Read & Write

---------------------------------------

If your sharing from an OSX Mac to the ATV1 running either Openelec or Crystalbuntu just use NFS. AFP will not work.

If have written an extensive guide about OSX NFS setup and sharing in the following link...

[Tutorial] - Noobs guide to NFS Sharing - OSX Mac to XBMC

** Hint read the end of the linked post about Permission / Sharing Issues that you may have on your Mac.

Tongue

Great, that did the trick, thank you
Which bit for the benefit of others reading the thread ?

What did the trick ?
I have the same problem but i can't solve it ... I'm reading and testing for hours - but nothing Sad
1st: Mac Mini: Intel i5 2,6Ghz - 8Gb Ram - Intel Iris - 1Tb - MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 - Kodi 19.0 - MySQL 8.0.13 (Server)
2nd: iMac 27": Intel i5 2,8Ghz - 12Gb Ram - AMD 5750 1024Mb GFX - 1Tb SSD - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 - Kodi 19.0 - MySQL (Client)
3rd: Some Rasperries 
Server: Synology 916+
- If your using the ATV1 with Crystalbuntu and you have replaced the WiFi with a Broadcom CHD card, you now naturally have to use Ethernet.

Have you got an IP address ?
System > System Info > Network

OSX Yosemite using SMB sharing to the Crystalbuntu ATV1:
Crystalbuntu > Programs > Crystalbuntu Settings > System Configuration > Disable Firewall > OK

XBMC > Videos > Files > Add Videos > Browse > Zeroconf Browser > Computer Name (SAMBA) > Pick Shared Folder

SMBup may need to be used to share files via SAMBA in certain versions of OSX:
(Mavericks and Yosemite - SMB works OK)

http://eduo.info/apps/smbup

Thx for answering.
Now it runs. But not with the ip only with the computer name (Mac mini).
I'm more as weird. But ... it works ... so don't ask why Big Grin

Zeroconf doesn't work for me.
1st: Mac Mini: Intel i5 2,6Ghz - 8Gb Ram - Intel Iris - 1Tb - MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3 - Kodi 19.0 - MySQL 8.0.13 (Server)
2nd: iMac 27": Intel i5 2,8Ghz - 12Gb Ram - AMD 5750 1024Mb GFX - 1Tb SSD - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 - Kodi 19.0 - MySQL (Client)
3rd: Some Rasperries 
Server: Synology 916+
It was the tutorial posted by wrxtasy that finally worked, esepcially the program that it had me install to my mac and the settings for the atv1
Another tip which I should add to the Tutorial which goes without saying:

- Use Static IP's for everything that you are going to Network

Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSX Yosemite and Gotham - SAMBA0