Solved iMon detected, disabling joystick, no xbox 360 remote options? Help please
hello
I'm running a Win7 on my HTPC with version of 13.2 of XBMC
My case is a Silverstone GD01MX, that comes with the iMon LCD & IR/Remote

I understand that there was a looping issue with iMon and subsequent XBMC releases have blocked connecting to these iMon devices to stop the loop problem, as I too saw the pop-up message of new device found, etc.

I installed the EnableDisableiMON app, so that it disables iMon on the PC (so the control icon is "yellow"), per the Soundgraph instructions:
http://www.soundgraph.com/forums/faq.php...amecontrol

I am looking to use my xbox 360 controller (or xbox 360 HD-DVD remote) within XBMC. But nothing I'm trying is working as XBMC still "sees" the iMon connected (even tho disabled) and is blocking joystick usage.

see this in the log file:
Code:
NOTICE: Problematic iMON hardware detected. Joystick usage: disabled.
NOTICE: PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralBus::Register - new imon device registered on usb->\\?\usb#vid_15c2&pid_0038#6&18d0524&0&7#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}: iMON HID device (15C2:0038)

I tried a suggestion from another thread to set the disable_winjoystick and do_not_use_custom_keymap to 0 in the userdata\peripheral_data\usb_15C2_0038.xml file.
Hoping that XBMC would then see the 360 controller connected and I could then update the keymapper.xml file I loaded with the correct name as XMBC sees it.
After making that change and restarting, xbmc doesn't have the Joystick disabled message but XBMC is still not picking up the 360 controller (or at least doesn't display in the log file)

Code:
NOTICE: No Joystick name specified, loading default map
NOTICE: Previous line repeats 35 times.
NOTICE: PERIPHERALS::CPeripheralBus::Register - new imon device registered on usb->\\?\usb#vid_15c2&pid_0038#6&18d0524&0&7#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951ed}: iMON HID device (15C2:0038)

Any help would truly be appreciated. I've search the forum and net for options and have come up dry after the 1's to 0's trick

thanks
Your case actually has a VFD not LCD, that said, you may be interested in this: Imon

You should be able to get your screen working with Imon manager running with KODI, and be able to use the remote that came with the silverstone case.

I think that would be easiest solution, instead of having to meddle around with keymaps and the like.
Thanks for the reply. I will give that a try, but really would prefer to use the xbox controller or xbox-dvd-remote.
Hopefully someone has a suggestion on how to "bypass" the imon recognition (other than disconnect connection internally)

Appreciate any replies...
Refer this link: Fix Xbox 360 controller support
thanks K4shin, I appreciate the replies.
That was the thread that I followed and the results are in the first post - xmbc is not "seeing" the controller connected. even with the 1's set to 0's in the peripheral xml file.
That is what has me stumped......and frustrated
Have you amended device name, some are doing reg edits:
See extract:
Quote:Instructions to Troubleshoot Keymap After Adding
- If your device is not detected, your device name has not been added to the keymap yet. Using a text editor, open xbmc.log located in your userdata folder, determined by http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata (possibly inside /temp folder on some systems). Don't use device manager, lsusb, or any other source for the name.
- Search for "Enabled Joystick:" without quotes. Text on same line following "Enabled Joystick: " should be your Xbox 360 controller's device name. (Your device name may be on other matching lines if you have multiple joysticks connected. You will only find joysticks that were enabled, connected, and powered on when XBMC was last opened and closed.) [Note: If the names in this file don't work when you try them, it's possible that xbmc.log is reporting the OEMname wrong, in which case, try these instructions to retrieve it from your OS directly: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1349106 ]
- Reopen your keymap file in the userdata keymaps folder with a text editor. In that file, if using Windows, replace all instances of "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)" without quotes with your device name as discovered in xbmc.log. If using Linux, replace all "Microsoft X-Box 360 pad" instances instead. Save it and close.
- Now restart XBMC, and your controller should be detected now. Compare the behavior of your controller to images in the Usage section. If it behaves in unexpected ways, please include that information in your post. Add your new device name (only from xbmc.log, no other source), operating system information, and any other details to this thread to help improve XBMC.

Try 2nd link
thanks for sticking with me on this!
I did just get it working
It seemed like a combo of things
using EnableDisableiMon, pulling the name from registry and putting in keymap file (even tho it is listed as an alternate name, I put it at the top level), turning peripheral xml settings from 1's to 0's, and then noticed that joystick control was turned off in the system settings. plus xbmc reboots.

now is working and I'll be tuning it to my liking and then trying to get xbox-hd-dvd-remote to work hopefully too.

thank you again
Fantastic to hear, if you can full edit post and mark as solved for future KODI members, that would be great.
thanks k4h1n. just did. hope this helps others too...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iMon detected, disabling joystick, no xbox 360 remote options? Help please0