Req Issues with RTMP Streams - Option to configure Timeout?
Hello all,

I'm using multiple addons for streaming media services (ARD/ZDF Mediatheken, etc.) in Germany, and sometimes, I have a very strange behaviour:

Usually, the streams (RTMPe) take about 3-4 seconds to start, and all is well - but recently, the streams often don't start anymore, KODI hangs until
the stream times out (>2 minutes). Often, when I try the same stream directly after, it works fine, so I presume it is more of an issue with how streams are handled?

Since this happens with multiple addons I didn't put this in the support thread for any one of them but here - anyone got an idea what happens here?
I'm on Kodi 14RC3 on XBMCBuntu 13 (where the >2minute timeouts happen) and Kodi 14RC3 Windows 7x64, where the links timeout as well, but it takes only ~20 seconds to do so?

Is there a way to set this timeout within Kodi/Linux, to make it more bearable? I also tried updating the librtmp.so.0 on my linux system that was posted in a thread around here somewhere to the newest version (8-30-14)
but it didn't help...

The Kodi Log is not very helpful either, as it only quotes basic stuff stating a timeout....
yes, last release of Kodi RC 3 do not read or play rtmp streams....so i back to RC 2....there working well....
It would be very useful to know where this timeout value could be changed. That it differs between the Win and Linux releases indicates it should be (end-user) changeable unless it is hard coded into a compiled executable. If that is the case, I suggest a feature request to make it available inside advancedsettings.xml. I'm using Openelec 4.2.1 which has the Gotham 14.2 release and I experience the 2 minute timeouts with some addons as well. Most streams start ok for me within 15-20 seconds, so like kildan above, I'd like to reduce that 2 minute timeout. My experience is if a stream doesn't play after 60 seconds, it isn't going to play.

I also experience some addons which simply freeze the system, including the keyboard and mouse. Of course they do not timeout after 2 minutes and I need to ssh in and do a reboot or do a hard reboot with the power button. If anyone has a suggestion about how to better deal with that situation I would be very glad.
Yes... for some reason, starting a few days/weeks ago, almost all of my streaming addons stopped working, with the gui blocked for >2 mins while it is trying to connect... I really need an option to cancel that, reduce the timeout, or figure out why the streams were broken so suddenly...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with RTMP Streams - Option to configure Timeout?1