Playing Blurays
Hello,

I've readen that Kodi now is able to play blurays incl. Menus. But I'v found on the official Kodi homepage no info, what is to do, that kodi can plays Blurays.
Can you give me please some more information? Is there a Step by Step instruction?

Best wishes
Bernhard
1. Install a software decrypter (AnyDVD HD, DVDfab, etc.).

2. Insert bluray in a BD-ROM drive

3. Skin dependent controls for playback, or use the Files browser to navigate to the disc
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Thanks for your answer,

but the use of these tools are in Germany not legal. Is there any alternative tool, which don't is for copying blurays but only for playing it.

Best wishes
Bernhard
Set-top Blu-ray players have a decrypter built-in. If they did not, they would not be able to play the discs.

I purchased a software decrypter for my PC to accomplish two goals: 1) Play any disc I purchase, from anywhere on the planet selling discs, via my computer to my HDTV, 2) Play any disc I purchase on a monitor that does not have an HDMI port.

Personally, I am quite thankful Kodi is free, because I have to spend so much money on everything else. That said, Kodi's value easily surpasses other software packages (TMT, for example) that I have purchased that don't perform nearly as well as Kodi + a decrypter.
This is exactly my opinion, too.

I have owned PowerDVD but the features of playing Blurays are very bad (no zoom, no other aspect ratio). Kodi is for me the best player I've found (it is better as every standalone player, I've had in my life) and all what I want is to play also Blurays with Kodi. Is it planned to programming a build in Decryptor?

Best wishes
Bernhard
(2014-12-15, 09:34)Bernie07 Wrote: This is exactly my opinion, too.

I have owned PowerDVD but the features of playing Blurays are very bad (no zoom, no other aspect ratio). Kodi is for me the best player I've found (it is better as every standalone player, I've had in my life) and all what I want is to play also Blurays with Kodi. Is it planned to programming a build in Decryptor?

Best wishes
Bernhard

If there was something built in then the software couldn't be free any more, as there are licence fees to pay.
For Kodi I would pay between 100 and 200 Euro. Perhaps it is possible to programming a prime version of Kodi. The free version has not the build in Decryptor for blurays and the prime version has a built in decryptor.
You could try this method http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1730072 which uses files from MakeMKV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing Blurays0