Repeatable UI lag (pauses)
I've been having issues with noticeable ui lag in every menu or list in Kodi RC3. If I hold down one of the arrow keys while on a list, it will pause every 5 seconds or so (for about 1 second) before it moves on to the next item. I've been trying to troubleshoot this myself, but I've run out of ideas. Here's what I've tried.
  • Thought it was an issue with texture caching, so ran texturecache.py to clean up and pre cache my textures.
  • Installed the latest Intel HD 4000 graphics card drivers. Version 10.18.10.3958 (15.33.30.64.3958).
  • Tried the various window modes. Found that it seems to work best using a full screen window. The lag is consistent regardless of video mode though.
  • Thought maybe it was the size of my library (about 30 tb of movies, tv, and music). But that doesn't seem to explain why the lag would happen on non-media lists.
  • I have a keyboard attached to a usb active extension cable. I tried plugging the keyboard directly into the computer but the issue remains.
  • Turned on the onscreen debugging. Noticed that the fps seems to drop right when the menu pauses and takes a second or two to build back up to 60 fps.
  • Turned off many of the addon I don't use regularly. Also turned off Live TV and UPNP after seeing some of their debug entries in the log. No effect.
  • Also tried changing skins to Confluence and Aeon Nox 5. Seems to do it in every skin.

Linked below is a log of me launching Kodi and then navigating to the menu customizer dialog. I scroll up the plain list for about 20 seconds and it pauses about 4 or 5 times. Nothing seems to stand out in the log, it doesn't appear that Kodi is doing anything during those pauses.

I'm curious if anyone has any ideas. Is this just an Intel HD 4000 issue? Thanks!

http://pastebin.com/hhjmMV1W
Tried renaming guisettings.xml, but the problem remains even when starting out with default settings.
Quote:C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.py): start processing
11:41:21 T:3592 DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetSongsByWhere() - took 733 ms
11:41:21 T:3592 DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetAlbumsByWhere query: SELECT albumview.* FROM albumview WHERE albumview.strAlbum <> ''
11:41:21 T:4668 INFO: weather.openweathermap.extended: image downloaded
11:41:21 T:3592 INFO: Previous line repeats 2 times.
11:41:21 T:3592 DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetAlbumsByWhere - query took 45 ms
11:41:21 T:2452 DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetSongsByWhere() - took 750 ms
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-12-13, 20:03)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.library.data.provider\default.py): start processing
11:41:21 T:3592 DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetSongsByWhere() - took 733 ms
11:41:21 T:3592 DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetAlbumsByWhere query: SELECT albumview.* FROM albumview WHERE albumview.strAlbum <> ''
11:41:21 T:4668 INFO: weather.openweathermap.extended: image downloaded
11:41:21 T:3592 INFO: Previous line repeats 2 times.
11:41:21 T:3592 DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetAlbumsByWhere - query took 45 ms
11:41:21 T:2452 DEBUG: CMusicDatabase::GetSongsByWhere() - took 750 ms
So are you thinking it's one of those addons (library.data.provider or openweathermap), or my music library?

I disabled openweathermap, but can't disable ldp without uninstalling the skins that require it.

Tried temporarily moving my music db as well, but it didn't fix the intermittent pauses/freezes.

Thanks for taking a look at my log file!
Update: I removed the skins that require service.library.data.provider and disabled it. UI in Confluence is smooth again. Does the fact that ldp is a service mean it runs even when a skin that doesn't require it (like Confluence) is being used?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Repeatable UI lag (pauses)0