Win Is it normal that tv shows look blurry and low def?
Maybe not all videos have 4k or 1080p resolutions available?
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Well the same videos on Xfinity or Netflix or Apple tv are all in 1920 x 1080.
4k content on Youtube is in real 4k ...

It seems all the content running through xbmc is 480p (SD).
Do you have the correct graphics drivers installed?

Perhaps you should post a debug log (wiki) after playing an in question media file.

EDIT: I've just been informed the you aren't able to play higher resolutions than 720P
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Ah
did not notice you could post pics.
Here is xbmc you tube 4k video resolution, versus You tube real 4 k resolution.
Same video same everything.
Observe how horrible 480p is

AND

Yes my drivers are the latest Nvidia 344.75 drivers, running on dual Geforce Titans.

I think you should post a sticky on the fact that xbmc only plays 480p and 720p. Many people will discard it asap.

It would have saved me 10 hours of my time. The media center software is good but all these video repositories are for pond scum

I bet you xbmc will play 4k videos off my hard drive at the proper resolution...I will let you know if this is the case.
I do know that windows media player only plays up to 1920 x 1080.
OMG
xbmc can't even see music videos on my pc that are 1920x1080 Huh? Forget 4k or anything above SD.

What an antiquated rotten piece of media streaming software this is. All other media servers can at least see 1920x1080 (HD).
I was blaming this on the video feeds when the platform its the actual software that is deficient.
I think you might be mistaken Wink I have no problem playing 1080p files that are available locally.

You might want to have a read over the documentation to see how to properly add your videos and scrape them into your library.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources
i think quovadis123 should do some research first before shouting things he doesn't know for sure,
if something doesn't work right away on your end doesn't mean it doesn't work.
it could be several issues.
beeing a add-on setting issue or something else.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Someone is trolling...
Kodi/XBMC is not just a media player. For people like me with a 45TB+ digital library, it's a tool to put all of that into one platform for organisation. It's the perfect 10ft interface.

Your poor quality videos are down to either your connection or TV - I watch 1080p without an issue on my TVs (50", 42", 40", 32") and it looks great. I also stream from YouTube and BBC iPlayer at 1080/720 and it looks acceptable (as far as any streamed video can).

I've also converted all my DVDs and have them in my collection, shows like Frasier which are old and certainly SD look good. So, again, it's a problem with your TV or settings.

You still don't seem to understand that Kodi is not a streaming service, it's Media Centre software for organising your OWN collections.

Here's the same video you're streaming.

1) It's 720p, not 4k
2) It's YouTube-encoded so it's going to be low bitrate.

Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Sadly YouTube is an awful example because they recently switched to DASH method which is poorly supported at the moment, within the third-party add-on within XBMC / Kodi..
The YouTube thread on the forum here has much more information about it.
For some people the bitrate detection doesn;t work very well and it looks like you have this issue.

What is interesting to me is how you fail to do a honest comparison. You download youtube clips to play them with VLC, but then don't use those downloadeded clips in XBMC / Kodi (where they would play exactly the same)
Did you try the integrated youtube add-on for VLC ? Oh wait, they don't have one - you are comparing apples and oranges.

Why don't you try downloading a real 4k clip and then playback that in Kodi. This has been supported for ages, and works quite well.
Obviously if you don't have a 4K TV or monitor, it will not be better looking than something that more closely matches your monitor resolution, but yes - it still works fine.

Lets be clear it is a valid point to say the experience with YouTube in XBMC or Kodi is not as good as it is in your browser.
This is because XBMC / Kodi was not designed for streaming - it was designed for playback of local video files.
It supports library building and indexing of files in a way vastly surpassing a 'mere' mediaplayer like VLC.
OMG
I have made a huge mistake. This is embarrassing.
When i used the VIDEO then files option on xbmc and tried to access music videos off my hard drive, xbmc just gave me an empty screen. This led me to believe that it could not see any higher resolution files.
Now i have added the files to the directory and xbmc SEES THEM ALL.
Not only 1920x1080, BUT also all the 4k files.

How stupid is that?

I played back 4k content onto my pc with xbmc and it plays fine.
I need to excuse myself.
Since windows media player will not detect anything higher than 1920x 1080, I thought I had the same problem with xbmc.

As for the Machu Pichu 4k video, VLC codec information says it's 3840x2160, I have no clue why the screen shot is only in 720.

I use an android box MXIII to play 4k content onto my 4k tv via USB.
The tv is a Sony xbr900a 65".
The tv cannot play native 4k content via it's own USB port so that is why I'm using an android box. Of course i could plug in the tv to my pc using the hdmi out on my video cards.

The android box comes with XBMC pre-loaded, I am curious to see if I can at least stream my 1920x1080 music videos using the MXIII and xbmc.
On my pc machu pichu is 4k on VLC
http://i999.photobucket.com/albums/af111...upichu.jpg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it normal that tv shows look blurry and low def?0