Win Disc art
(2014-12-16, 15:29)helta Wrote: yes correct. also, if you use your current layout, you can't use "extra fanart" because it needs to be in a subfolder of the movie.

Thanks helta.

Though I'm a little confused but mostly understanding it.

You mentioned fan art above will only work when movies are placed in their respective folders.

My confusion lies with the following situation which I currently have. Please allow me to explain.

I have movies stored in folders relative to theirs names.
Movies with titles starting with the letter A in a folder named A. Movie-thumbnail and Movie-fan art provide these images in XBMC correctly. But not movie-disc or Movie-discart.

I ran Artwork Diwnloader last night and an Extrathumb and Extrafanart folder was created in each of the 26 folders (A-Z) but I've noticed that the fan art being displayed in XBMC dosnt correspond with the movie being displayed.
Is this because the movies are not in their own individual folders?

Thanks.
Quote:Is this because the movies are not in their own individual folders?
yes, that is correct.

read more about artwork downloader at the wiki (although it might be a little outdated).
Here is a screenshot:

You only need Artwork Downloader add-on as it has config for all applicable artworks, just turn on what is required before scraping in a new movie.
As you can see video is in individual folder, whilst KODI folder conventions are superfluous, the parent folder can be any name you want (movies), collection name for sets, home movies, kids movies, etc.

Due to the fact that they were not originally in their own respective folders, the images cached to the DB doesn't correspond to the correct video file, or db has pointed to artwork in parent folder when/where all movies/other artwork are in the same folder.

Nominally KODI takes up to 7 days to re-cache amended artwork, but is not always the case.
You may require to delete to Textures13.db (keep a backup in case) and let KODI re-cache with correct artwork once you've completed your folder cleanup.
Photo 
Hi guys.And thanks.

So just updating on my progress so far.

I ran Artwork Downloader and it downloaded extra fanart and extra thumbs and disc art. About 13000 images.

I havnt changed the location of my movies yet so they are still in folders named alphabetically. All movies starting with A in a folder named A, all movies starting with B in a folder named B all the way through to Z.

So id like to ask a few questions without sounding like a dick or without sounding like im being a smart asrse because i am genuinely interested.

I have many disc art images now in a single folder with many movies named "movie"-disc. Same for thumbnails and fanart.

What id like to know is why the disc art is now working considering that movies are not in their separate folders as specified above?

What did the add-on Artwork Downloader do to make it work considering that the disc art already existed in the folders but previously did not display?

And, should i just change my collection to look like the sample in the previous post because this is the prefered method for Kodi?

Hers a screen shot of how my folders look.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q257/...tled-2.png
Good news that its working for you.

I'm taking a stab here to answer your question (maybe best left to a Dev or team KODI member), but this probably goes back to older versions of KODI/XBMC where some artworks were stored with the .tbn file ext, and did have the movie name attached, where the old DB read artworks from the scraper API (including movie name) and assigned it to the associated movie.

However moving forward with the addition of a new library DB (around the Dharma release) and the add-on of Artwork downloader, replacing other artwork add-ons, the code was changed to just be disc/fanart, etc.

The Devs and coder of the add-on left redundant code for file name expressions to include both variations, and as such the Artwork downloader add-on caches the corresponding artwork, local/online or variations with or without included movie name. (Artwork is normally updated when the add-on is run)

The only thing I see you may have issues with down the track would be the extra thumbs and/or extrafanart folder as mentioned by "helta", in that the displayed artwork is different to the movie. Although the screenshot is the preferred convention for folder structure, it's working as is and if extrafanart isn't a requirement than you can leave as is.

HTH
Thanks guys.

Separate folders it is.
So ive begun separating movies into their separate folders but what about t.v shows?

Can you screen shot me a view of one of your folders too please?

Thanks
TV Shows:

The seasons can be grouped if you prefer to keep it organized via season from the parent folder.
Lumping in everything in the one folder is okay as long as the file naming conventions are supported by the scraper regex/api used, i.e. SxxExx
Thanks.

Ive done it just like that using The Renamer. Thanks for your help.

Just another question though.

After moving all movies into separate folders i ran Artwork Downloader and scraped all movies just to be sure it was all done....19K plus images.

I ran a video export, exporting to separate files and guess what! XBMC still name the files "Movie" - Thumb, "Movie"-fanart, "movie"-disc.

Why did it do this even though movies are no longer sharing one folder?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disc art0