Resolution issues
After installing rc3 i ve been having issues with the resolution in kodi. Upo to rc2 kodi on my aml duo core mali400 was working properly showin 1920*1080 instead now is locked at 1280*720p. Tv and box are configured properly.
Any solutions are very welcome!!!!
I have the same problem here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211119
Nothing new. MX has a framebuffer of 720p and it was always what was reported by Kodi.
The videos should still show properly in 1080p. See http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211244 for confirmation.
The thing is that when ever a video plays seems on screen enlarged and missaligned. I cannot change any video settings during video play.(zoom 16:9 normal settings do not seem to change anything as they should)

Is there a way to change manualy kodi setting and by that i mean to force 1920*1080 instead of 1280*720 which is grayed now?
I went to back to gotham and problems were resolved but i really want to keep using kodi. I will try to change firmware and check it out again. This seems to be an issue that has to do with aml hardware acceleration not been compatible with kodis internalsettings reffering to aml-mali400 of my machine.
I've experienced the same issue with RC3. 1080P movies seems to play at "original size" on my android device (Sidewinder 4). Toggling through the different zoom modes does not help.

As a temporary solution i've changed the output resolution of my Android device to 720P and let my tv do the upscaling. After this, the zoommodes are working properly. "Normal" zoom mode gives me now a fullscreen playback, as it was with previous releases.
Hopefully this issue will be fixed by next RC version or at least by final release!! For the time being i am also using my machine with 720P.
Please try http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk
Link downloaded!!! Picture seems very ok, works properly!!Would be apreciated if change could be embedded in helix v14 version instead in v15. Will this update be also included in next rc or final release?
Hello guys.

Yesterday i received my MX III android tv device, I use it with standard tv using composite connection, everything works perfectly fine apart from xbmc.The XBMC GUI looks fine, but when i play a live channel on it, it works perfectly fine, but when i switch to other channel, the video goes to far bottom right and zoomed in. Means i can see only part of the screen.

I am not able to fix the resolution issue, the resolution settings on the android and xbmc are greyed out.

Any help would be highly appreciated as i dont want to return the box.
Did you try the test build 2 posts above yours?
Thank you for a quick respose Koying, yes i just downloaded it and tried it, it is still the same. Currently i am on one channel, but if i change it to other then Kodi will lose the resolution.
Ok, so i have further did some testing, if the resolution is out in Kodi, i paused the channel, went back to android GUI, changed the video settings in android from 88% to 100% and now it is back to normal. If i change the channel again, the resolution will go out again.
Heh? Is the Android calibration changing on its own?
No, not the calibration, calibration stays as it is, but the resolution changes in Kodi. Android has a perfect resolution on my screen, even if i run Youtube on android, the screen resolution is perfectly fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resolution issues0