Win iTunes, YouTube and others stops playing when XBMC opens?!
I've been used XBMC for some time now with no issue's but a few days ago I updated to windows 8.1 and the latest version of XBMC (13.2).

All was fine at first but now for some reason if I have iTunes playing, a YouTube or other embedded video playing, or soundcloud etc. they all stop playing as soon as I open XBMC and refuse to play until I close it and restart the application that stopped (usually Google Chrome or iTunes).

I re installed XBMC which temporarily fixed the issue, but the problem came back the following day.

Has anyone else had this issue, it is extremely frustrating as it makes it impossible to use with my 2 monitors, as I like to have XBMC on one whist doing most other tasks on the other. Any help would be appreciated.
(2014-12-13, 15:24)MxGaza33 Wrote: I've been used XBMC for some time now with no issue's but a few days ago I updated to windows 8.1 and the latest version of XBMC (13.2).

All was fine at first but now for some reason if I have iTunes playing, a YouTube or other embedded video playing, or soundcloud etc. they all stop playing as soon as I open XBMC and refuse to play until I close it and restart the application that stopped (usually Google Chrome or iTunes).

I re installed XBMC which temporarily fixed the issue, but the problem came back the following day.

Has anyone else had this issue, it is extremely frustrating as it makes it impossible to use with my 2 monitors, as I like to have XBMC on one whist doing most other tasks on the other. Any help would be appreciated.

I might be (and probably am) completely wrong + I don't have a Windows PC to test on but IIRC Windows has a choice of Directsound or WAASPI. WAASPI is normally preferred but it will take full control of the audio device which will in turn stop other programs from playing audio. Should be under System->System->Audio Output in the default skin.. might have to change the settings level to advanced, not sure.
Had same problem with no sound when using Directsound in Kodi. Found solution later, run Kodi as administrator.
Uncheck exclusive mode in the speaker sound setting properties
Do check 'Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device'.

Do NOT check 'Give exclusive mode applications priority'.

Rep point for k4sh1n. Thank you for this info.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I have a Windows 10 pc. I opened YouTube to watch a How To video while I had Kodi (Jarvis) opened and a few seconds later I would got snow instead of the YouTube video with a message stating "Video playback has stopped"...etc. After I followed your directions and selected the default audio option, it worked perfectly.Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iTunes, YouTube and others stops playing when XBMC opens?!0