[AFTV] -solved- AC3/DTS Passthrough does not work with TOSLINK SPDIF
Not sure if this is the same issue.

Set up:
AFTV with KODI 14.0
HDMI to Panasonic GT30 series TV
TOSLINK Optical to Denon Amp
Playing Movie content

No DD or DTS 5.1 even though passthrough is enabled, number of channels is 2.0, DD and transcoding enabled as is DTS.

NETFLIX outputs DD 5.1 on AFTV but Kodi doesn't.

Movie content says AAC & 2.0 for everything. I thought there would be DD 5.1 content as well.

Unable to change Audio output device as it is greyed out with android, audiotrack.

Lost for ideas
(2014-12-15, 00:44)_DNA_ Wrote: I have exactly the same issue with my AFTV over optical. DTS files play fine but AC3/DD5.1 only work if I disable AC3 in my passthrough settings.

Interestingly, if I enable AC3 and/or dolby digital transcoding, my receiver claims it is receiving a dolby digital stream, but there is no actual sound. If I disable it, the receiver just outputs in stereo as expected.

As I mentioned before, DTS works perfectly.

I'm having the same issue but I have found out a solution/issue.
My Kenwood reciever in the living room is very old 10+ years and it gets the red DD light but no sound. DTS works fine.

I then hooked up the AFTV to my newer Logitech Z5000 speaker system at my PC workstation and both work.

So it's something in the receiver not detecting the signal correctly, altho my receiver does not have any settings as it's 2001 era and pre HDMI and SPDIF was still fairly new.

I'm thinking with a new receiver in the coming months with HDMI/ethernet/bells & whistles, this may solve my problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AFTV] -solved- AC3/DTS Passthrough does not work with TOSLINK SPDIF0