Android [aftv] RC3 / Nightly issue with 30 sec skip
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd report this...hope it helps...

I originally installed Gotham 13.2 on my AFTV when I got it around the end of November. On the 4th Dec I installed the nightly Kodi build (was recommended to me to fix another problem).

When running Kodi Helix if I used the skip 30 secs button (right on the wheel part of the remote) it would skip forward, the audio would start perfectly but the video would run way too slow (frame a second?) and then speed up and then slow down. If I pressed skip again it would skip forward another 30secs and start perfectly. It happens on SD and HD files.

I switched back to Gotham (as it's already installed) and the skip works perfectly fine on the same SD and HD files Kodi was having problems with.

I've tried installing the RC3, Beta5 and last nights build and they have the same problem. If I press pause then play it fixes itself.

I've also copied all the video settings I could from Gotham install to Helix and it didn't make any difference.

I hope that helps (and its not me doing something silly). I did switch from Helix to Gotham three times to check it still worked on Gotham after each of the Helix installs and Gotham still continues to work.

Jus.
no one else see this problem?
Yep, same problem. If I hit pause for a few seconds and then resume playing it also catches up. SPMC does not have this issue.
So adding this to my advancedsettings.xml fixed this issue completely:

<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>10</readbufferfactor>
</network>
Not working for me at the moment. Is there anyway of telling whether my advancedsettings file is being used?

My file is called advancedsettings.xml and is located here /Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/

and it contains this....

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>10</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
debug log (wiki) would tell you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[aftv] RC3 / Nightly issue with 30 sec skip0