Hiding Live TV and Play Disc
Hello,

I am using profiles within xbmc and have read that with the login screen enabled , on power up it is not possible to have LIRC and the webserver (among other things) enabled.
I use RFID to login to the profiles through through JSON RPC and need the webserver enabled.

As a work around I am using the Master User account as auto logon to the Metropolis skin with the Icon Home Layout and all items hidden all items on the home screen.
This way upon logon all you can see (without a disc in the drive and with Live TV disabled) is the custom background I'm using,

When there is a disc in the drive the menu item still appears.
I know that Metropolis used to have a feature to hide play disc but has since been removed.
Some other skins do allow you to remove play disc however with those skins there are other things you can't hide...
I'm using Metropolis as my skin for all other profiles and would like to continue to do so.

If Live TV is disabled there is no issue with the home layout but when logging into another profile it has to then download the EPG and set it up for Live TV which takes a while and lags XBMC in the meantime (I'm using a Raspberry Pi as it's hardware).

If there is a work around, a config file I can change or something that can be implemented in the future that would be great.

Thanks for your help
Made note of it and will add it soon.
Thanks alot for that! Can't wait for the next release Smile
I'm confused, if the box has a DVD inserted the menu shows, if not the menu is gone. Same with Live TV. Are you wanting to hide those menus, even when the devices and hardware are there? How do you plan to eventually use them if the menu is gone? Or are you wanting to hide them under just one particular user?
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
That's the way I had understood it -- he wants to hide them unconditionally for the Master profile, and have them hide/show normally as other users.

Why, I'm still not totally sure, but I allow hiding of the others, so why not, I guess..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hiding Live TV and Play Disc0