Anyone tried running Kodi on ATV2?
I would like to hear experience with Kodi running on Apple TV 2 (ATV2). Does it run? Stable? Issues?
The Real Skimshady
There must be someone... I'm waiting for the new Intel NUC, but in the meantime I'm stuck with the old ATV2 and I'm worried it won't handle Kodi. It's already shaky on Gotham Smile
The Real Skimshady
You might have got more replies if you spelled the name of this awesome application that we're all using correctly in the thread title. Some people take that as a sign of disrespect. Anyway, one of the devs (maybe Martijn?) said in another thread that Kodi had *not* fixed the atv2 issues. So I wouldn't get my hopes up.
clean install of kodi on the atv2 worked fine for me - but i only used it for livetv - sd content.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
My ATV2 runs Kodi just fine albeit stuck at 720p, now I have a Chromebox and a Sumvision x4 it doesn't get used much though...
I update kodi on my apple tv 2 .some time the apple reset them self .I don't know why?
I've updated my ATV2 iOS 5.1.1 (9B830) from XBMC 11.0 (compiled April 1 2012) to Kodi, backed up my user data and run 'apt-get update' & 'apt-get install org.xbmc.kodi-atv2'. The ATV2 did not start at all after the upgrade - Apple logo appeared on the screen, /Applications/AppleTV.app/AppleTV process started but then crashed. I've sshed into the ATV2 and check /var/log/syslog (http://pastebin.com/UsBV4pb9) and noticed there was some issue loading Kodi.frappliance. I've removed Kodi 'apt-get remove org.xbmc.kodi-atv2' and restored my old configuration and everything is back to normal.

cheers, e1F
ive installed kodi on atv2 running 4.3 ios. the unit previously had xbmc v12.something on it and ran well.

during testing with addons(streaming and not supported here), ive had a lot of rebooting going on:-(

ive loaned a rpi to my mate for a while to keep him until i can get his atv2 running more reliably.Since i suspect my problem is most likely some crazy setting ive changed.

** don't want this to sound like ungrateful, love xbmc/kodi.

just to respond to original poster...
Ok, thanks for all the feedback Smile
The Real Skimshady
Does anybody have any input on using the ATV1 with this new ver?
I have installed the latest Kodi on my ATV2 now, and it runs much better than Gotham! Big Grin
The Real Skimshady
(2015-01-05, 06:07)Jerred Wrote: Does anybody have any input on using the ATV1 with this new ver?
Not this specific iOS version but.... YES.

I have compiled the latest Kodi 14.1 myself for the ATV1. It runs Crystalbuntu2 (Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS) and I've put 1080p Crystal HD hardware acceleration support back in for Helix and fixed a few bugs.

It now plays a 80Mbps, H264 Jellyfish test file over NFS without any problems. Better than Gotham ever did.
1080p Kodi navigation is fast, even on heavy Skins like Aeon Nox.

I still scratch my head and wonder why Crystal HD support was every taken out of Helix considering how well this 8 year old underdog still performs running Kodi.

You get proper refresh rate switching, 23.976fps(24p) + more, Bob + Yadif deinterlacing of Live TV, optical and component out and it plays virtually all codecs apart from H265 in a virtually silent device.
Quite a bit more flexible than Kodi running on any Android device.

I even run a TVHeadend backend PVR server and Kodi on the same ATV1, streaming HDTV around the house.

Upgrade ATV1 to Kodi, instructions here:

http://forum.osmc.tv/showthread.php?tid=16811

Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone tried running Kodi on ATV2?0