Trouble playing movies on fire TV from usb flash
Ok so I get tired of having a stack of DVDs around. I have them all digital now on a mybook live. But for Christmas got my mother in law a fire TV and its rooted stick mount installed.
I hate giving out my DVDs to her they never come back. They have no internet right now so I put tons of stuff on 3 16gb and 1 32gb flash put them on a hub and told her plug this in you can watch all the stuff I have.
So she did but she said where I had scanned movies into the library when they got home it said none were available.

Then she went to file menu they were there but played slowly like frame by frame. So I said all that to say this.

Why does it do that? She can play something from one drive but when all are connected it does that slow thing.
Also why when I scanned in the movies here for her does it say they arnt there? Does she have to have internet for it to play from the video library?

Thank you all for reading I would like to help her so she won't call me every 10 min asking what to do lol.
so if you connect only one drive videos play fine? if so then the problem is when all flash drives are connected at the same time, right? are you using a powered usb hub to plug them all?
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
No just a regular hub.
That's mostly likely why then. You need to use a powered usb for multiple drives.

Or use a single larger portable drive, which is a better alternative.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I tried a 1tb seagate drive and it mounted it but xbmc would not pull anything off the drive
Would there be a reason why the drive didn't work? Maybe it needs more power the USB port can push?

Btw tinwarble love th greatest American hero
can you try playing videos with mx player for example to discard its xbmc issue, i do think youll need a powered hub though.
I had a problem with a 2TB drive connected directly, so I moved it to a usb port on my ethernet router - works fine there and is accessible to other fire tv sticks in the house.
I have a 2tb NaS drive I use on my router but the issue with the mother in law they have no internet. So I guess I can try s powered hub
yes try a powered hub. i think you have the fire tv stick right? or the fire tv box? if you have the stick they dont have enough power even connecting them to a power plug, worst connecting it to a usb port in a TV. You will need a powered hub.
Yea fire TV. Stick has no USB port and can't be rooted to even allow something

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble playing movies on fire TV from usb flash0