How to jump ahead when playing a video?
I am using XBMC 13.2 on RASPBMC, latest releases for both.
In order to control the system I use the YATSE remote control on my Android phone.

Question:
Is there some way to jump ahead a fixed time on a "button" tap, I am searching for something like a 1 min jump ahead and a 1/2 minute jump back function in order to skip recorded commercials and such in the videos.

The buttons with double arrows on my Yatse remote starts fast forwarding or skips to the next video in the folder, both of which is not what I want...
Bo Berglund
Sweden
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=183475
OK, thanks!
I scanned through the thread (even though it was specifically in the Windows Media Center sub-forum, which is not my platform) and found that the right-left arrows will jump ahead and back 30s, whereas the up-down will move 10 min.
The last function was the 7 s back skip supposedly tied to the back button.
But that last one did not work at all, it just moved back to the file list from where the playback was started....

And I did not test the 10 min skips, because these are too long to be useful.

Have now watched "Star Trek V: the Final Frontier" (2h30m long recording) which I recorded off TV in August and it contains numerous commercial breaks 7 min long each, which I could skip with the right arrow key. Smile
Bo Berglund
Sweden
I've set my long skip forward to 4 minutes instead of ten, as this seems to get most standard-length ad-breaks, and the reverse long step to 1minute.
This is done in .xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml (for raspbmc):
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<timeseekforwardbig>240</timeseekforwardbig>
<timeseekbackwardbig>-60</timeseekbackwardbig>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
Derek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to jump ahead when playing a video?0