Failed TV Series Import Due to BBC Prefix, Can XBMC Account for That?
I am running XBMC on a WIndows PC. It's the sh1t!!!! Big Grin I love it

However, I now understand that if a TV show/series is NOT listed on TVDB then it will fail to import into XBMC. This is surprising and I expect catches a few people out.

Anyway, my issues is that some of my recordings of BBC TV are prefixed in the Folder and/or Files with 'BBC'. Now that I know the above, I can see that is why they are failing to be matched to TVDB listings that they are not being imported.

However, the files also contain 'guff' like 720p, HDTV etc. and XBMC happily accounts for them and removes the 'guff' prior to submitting the results.

So my question is can I add the 'BBC' tag to the list of guff that is excluded to save me having to rename a load of files and folders? I would quite like to keep all the BBC stuff separate.

Thanks all.
You can add other "cleanstrings" using an advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file, but I don't think it will work with a prefix. The way cleanstrings work is they clear out everything to the right of them, so for a prefix that would mean the entire file name would be ignored. BBC would have to be towards the end of the file name.
For the folders, you should be able to make a tvshow.nfo file that has just a link to the right TVDB page. Put that in the root of the show folder in question. Then in Kodi do an update library. In theory Kodi should use the information in the .nfo file to get the series information. As long as the episodes have SxxExx in the title, I don't think the name of the file will matter much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Failed TV Series Import Due to BBC Prefix, Can XBMC Account for That?0