pvr.hts vs. pvr.tvh
I'm using Kodi RC3 on R-Pi with Openelec (currently running Millhouse nightly #1213). I've been using pvr.hts but have noticed two problems (bugs?) and tried pvr.tvh.

First, if I want to start watching stream that is already being watched by some other client on TVH server (running on separate machine) - it never starts on my Kodi. In upper-right corner shows "Buffering 0%" and stays that way as long as it takes. Kodi is responsive, so I can push Stop, Next, ... and it's working fine. Downgrading shows that this is related to every Kodi (betas and RCs), but it's not happening in latest stable (Gotham 13.2 with Openelec 4.2.1). When using pvr.tvh (ver. 0.9.8 from this post - I don't have such problem - every stream starts no matter if it is watched by some other client or not. I've tested pvr.hts on Xbmcbuntu and on Android - in Xbmcbuntu everything is fine, while on Android problem appears every other time (exactly every second time)?!?

Second thing is happening with both addons. While watching live stream with subtitles enabled in addon - streams pauses and continues randomly. Log shows as if I'm pressing "Pause" button which I'm not. With pvr.hts this happens more often, lasts longer and recovery is not so smooth. Tests with Gotham show that it's happening even there. Watching same channels with subtitles disabled in addon - plays smoothly.

I'm sending logs - one with pvr.tvh, other one with pvr.hts. In "Kodi with pvr.tvh" I've logged selecting a HD channel with subtitles and playing it for a couple of minutes. In "Kodi with pvr.hts" I've logged selecting the same channel with noone else watching it, then stopping it and trying to start watching with some other client already watching that same channel.

Kodi with pvr.hts
Kodi with pvr.tvh
Your links are broken, can you post new ones?
Try this.
I'm getting the exact same problem. Was there any resolution in this?
I'm on Kodi in RPi, OpenElec 5.0.0..
same stream works on Kodi on Linux.. but just not on the RPi.
In this post it is said that the problem exists on Ubuntu and on Windows as well. I have tried on Android - there it works every other time (exactly once it doesn't work, then once it does, then it doesn't, ...),

In regards to a solution - I'm using pvr.tvh 0.9.8 and no problem there...
Where did you get the pvr.tvh plugin for openelec?
Ok just did a retest, ran...
TvHeadend HTSP client v1.9.39 on OSX Kodi and streamed the T20 Cricket.

pvr.tvh 0.9.8 client on Openelec 5.0 RPi and again the same T20 Cricket.

This time everything works fine with no hangup of Live TV on the RPi.
No problems either when switching around startup sequences.

Wink

@stevellion - pvr.tvh for Kodi on RPi with OE is here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pvr.hts vs. pvr.tvh0