Help with custom Home items - Helix
I would appreciate some assistance with custom home items.
I'm running Helix RC-3. This was a clean install on an I-5 NUC with latest drivers, external media drives and 8 GB RAM.

I'm trying to have home menu items for Cat and Comedy. I can create the categories and they show up on the home page, but the problem is getting content to display when I open the item.

On Frodo with Nox, I had no trouble setting up custom menu items. On Helix, I have yet to get it working. I tried creating a smart playlist and assigning the list to the category, but when I open the category on the home page, it is empty.

I'm not seeing clear instructions for doing this on Helix.

I would appreciate assistance or a point in the right direction to documentation.

Thanks
I'd create a smart playlist. Check that the playlist is working by going to the playlist editor and selecting its folder. If the playlist is fine, use the home menu customizer. Under "Default select action," choose "Video Library," then "Playlist" and select your playlist.
(2014-12-15, 02:01)Warner306 Wrote: I'd create a smart playlist. Check that the playlist is working by going to the playlist editor and selecting its folder. If the playlist is fine, use the home menu customizer. Under "Default select action," choose "Video Library," then "Playlist" and select your playlist.

Thanks for the response. As I mentioned in my OM, I already created a smart playlist (I think). I will take a look at it this weekend.
Thanks
(2014-12-15, 02:01)Warner306 Wrote: I'd create a smart playlist. Check that the playlist is working by going to the playlist editor and selecting its folder. If the playlist is fine, use the home menu customizer. Under "Default select action," choose "Video Library," then "Playlist" and select your playlist.

If I open the playlist editor, then the folder, it is empty. I tried creating another playlist and it also is empty. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks
I just copied my playlists from my Gotham install, and set them as custom home menu entries in Aeon Nox 5. Works without problems here...

Your playlists are in the video subdir right?
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
(2014-12-21, 23:52).:B:. Wrote: I just copied my playlists from my Gotham install, and set them as custom home menu entries in Aeon Nox 5. Works without problems here...

Your playlists are in the video subdir right?

The platlists are in:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video

The contents of the Cat playlist are:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node type="folder">
<label>Cat</label>
<path>D:\Cat</path>
</node>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with custom Home items - Helix0