Bluray ISO brief video pause at particular points
Many apologies if I'm posting in the wrong section, or more so if this has been logged before! I did search for it.

While watching bluray ISOs there are a number of moments when the video playback pauses briefly (1 second ish) while the soundtrack continues.

The issue happens at the same moments in the movies (so it's not random), and when it occurs it's directly after a cut, ie from one shot to another.

I haven't yet noticed it when watching mp4s or other encoded files. But haven't thoroughly checked.

I have two Windows 8.1 64 bit machines, very different specs, both running Kodi 14.0 “Helix” RC 3 - I can replicate the issue on both.

I downloaded a Bluray ISO player and the issue doesn't occur, so pretty sure it's something in Kodi.

Am hoping there's a setting I've missed!

All help greatly received.
Which Blu-ray discs exactly have this problem? It could be that they are seamless branching titles i.e. the movie is split over several .m2ts files and the pauses you are seeing are at the file change points. I haven't tested this in Helix but seamless branching didn't seem to cause a problem on Gotham.
If you can reproduce it easy,
A debug log could help to see what happens perhaps.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2014-12-15, 12:36)beeswax Wrote: Which Blu-ray discs exactly have this problem? It could be that they are seamless branching titles i.e. the movie is split over several .m2ts files and the pauses you are seeing are at the file change points. I haven't tested this in Helix but seamless branching didn't seem to cause a problem on Gotham.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 was the one I watched last.

(2014-12-15, 15:08)TRaSH Wrote: If you can reproduce it easy,

Will upload in a couple of days
(2014-12-15, 15:08)TRaSH Wrote: If you can reproduce it easy,

I couldn't get the Kodi debug uploader to accept the file - it's huge, too huge?

Anyways, uploaded here for a week: http://pastebin.ca/2887874

Thanks for your help.
Anyone?
Never did get to the bottom of this, but now looking at playing the Bluray ISO files via an external player - thread here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=214453

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluray ISO brief video pause at particular points0