Error with tracking on remote - kodi on fire tv...
So I have been using my firetv with kodi for about 2 weeks now and its been great. However, just yesterday I noticed I was having some very strange behavior with my remote's commands in kodi.

It used to be that the right/left would be +/- 30 sec and the up/down would be +/- 10 mins. Fast forward and rewind buttons did not work in kodi. I had yet to upload a custom keymap.xml. But, now I can't fast forward at all. Pressing right jumps me back to the start of the video and up jumps me 10 mins/next chapter but pressing it again drops me right back to the beginning of the video...makes no sense! (I tried this on multiple files, same problem).

So I pushed a custom keymap.xml (just used a premade one from the kodi wiki) with adbfire and restarted kodi on the fire tv (went to applications, force stop). However, I have the same crazy error. Can anybody help me? This is totally screwing up my xbmc experience right now. I think the keymap works because I can now use the subtitle button, etc, but any kind of tracking is totally jacked up...

Edit: I have noticed when you jump forward a bunch of chapters (say a movie) the progress bar when you pause the movie shows 0:00/x:xx like you are at the start of the movie even though you are 20 minutes in. The progress bar is messed up as well. It never moves like it used to. I have tried both confluence and aeon nox. Both worked perfectly a few days back.

Edit 2: Fast forward button works, but rewind does not (it dumps you back at the beginning of the show). I noticed when using fast forward the progress bar runs across the screen 0 to 100% and the clock of time played goes from 0:00 to 1:00 and restarts just like the progress bar. Its almost as if it thinks everything is broken up into 1 minute segments? But that doesn't explain why the 30 second skips and rewind don't work.
did you reset the fire tv? hold center button and play.
(2014-12-15, 05:23)sams0n Wrote: did you reset the fire tv? hold center button and play.

I will try that, thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error with tracking on remote - kodi on fire tv...0