Missing thumbnails of home-page addons in Helix RC3
Hi,

I installed the RC today (14.0-RC3 Git:20141208-bdf56d0). I did an installation from scratch, downloaded a few video and music addons and then selected some of these to show in the home screen. The text for the addons show ok but there are no thumbnails of the logos. When I scroll down to these addons it's like the 'cursor' or selection focus dissapears. Enter/OK/Select activate the addon properly, and left/right seem to move the focus to the prev/next addon correctly, but without any visual feedback. I guess my explanation may be lacking, please see the included screenshot, in it I can correctly activate any of these 3 radio addons, but to do so I need to count how many times I press "right" to know which one is selected.

I'd be happy to try things or provide more info. Sorry if I am missing anything obvious I should be including.

Thanks.

Log: http://pastebin.com/f1cD466k
I did another install on a second PC and everything works ok. So, I went back to the first PC and installed more addons and those did show the images, but the previously installed ones do not. I unistalled the offending addons and deleted everything from addon_data, then reinstalled, but alas, they still don't show the images.

Are these images cached in a store that could be corrupted? Is it the same thumbnails db used for media art?

debug log for affected system: http://pastebin.com/Gb6grkVH

debug log for second system all ok: http://pastebin.com/VZeqe7fL
More interesting info...

I went into confluence settings and rearranged the addon-shortcuts (switched 1 for 2, 2 for 3, 3 for 1), went back into the home screen and voilá, I saw all the icons for the shortcuts. I thought I had it, closed Kodi and opened again and bummer, they were gone once more. I think this supports the idea of a corrupted cache store. I don't want to have to rescan all the images in my library, so I am dancing around just deleting that...
Ok, I saw some movies also had missing art, and I decided to put down the scalpel and just nuke the whole thing.

Changed content of movies and tv folders to "none", cleared the entire library, quit Kodi, removed the entire "Thumbnails" dir and also Database/Textures13.db. Started up again and set content back and allowed for everything to be scanned again.

Even before re-scanning the library, the add-on icons had already been fixed. It was clearly an issue with the thumbnails and/or texture db.

So this fixes things for me. A bit overkill, maybe, but I didn't want to waste more of my time, so I figured let the computer do the work Wink

Hopefully this helps someone if they happen to be in the same situation.

---------

Moderator: you might want to move this elsewhere. It seems the skin itself had nothing to do with it. Thanks.
(2014-12-17, 17:32)bryx Wrote: Ok, I saw some movies also had missing art, and I decided to put down the scalpel and just nuke the whole thing.

Changed content of movies and tv folders to "none", cleared the entire library, quit Kodi, removed the entire "Thumbnails" dir and also Database/Textures13.db. Started up again and set content back and allowed for everything to be scanned again.

Even before re-scanning the library, the add-on icons had already been fixed. It was clearly an issue with the thumbnails and/or texture db.

So this fixes things for me. A bit overkill, maybe, but I didn't want to waste more of my time, so I figured let the computer do the work Wink

Hopefully this helps someone if they happen to be in the same situation.

---------

Moderator: you might want to move this elsewhere. It seems the skin itself had nothing to do with it. Thanks.

Thank you...this solved my problem Big Grin
Upgraded to Kodi 14.2 from XBMC on Windows 7 today. Had the same issue of missing icons and followed your steps to try and resolve (fresh start, etc). Icons still missing from home screen.

So I again followed your lead and completely uninstalled Kodi. After a re-install, all icons returned.

Perhaps the bug carried over from the RC you were testing? Don't know - but thanks for your suggestion bryx.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing thumbnails of home-page addons in Helix RC30