XBMC exits to desktop when playing
I want a sample, please.

Use ffmpeg to cut out the relevant part (without re encoding), by following: http://superuser.com/questions/377343/cu...ith-ffmpeg
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I think it's not going to work cutting in this way, the thing is that if I start playing the video that fails, it will not fail xD. I mean, the problem comes when I active the option of play next video automatically and then I start playing the first video, then the problem comes in the third or four one.

I can send you those 4 or five next videos in a link to download.

Regards
can you reproduce this with 4-5 random videos, in random order? Does it matter how long the videos are?
(2014-12-18, 23:03)wsnipex Wrote: can you reproduce this with 4-5 random videos, in random order? Does it matter how long the videos are?

Hi wswipex,

I've been busy today but tomorrow I'll make this test and all the ones you'll want me to, after the helping I'm receiving here is the least I can do.

I suppose you mean open one video and when finish open other manually, isn't it?

Regards
I suspect it might be an issue with autoplay next video, so please try that first. If that is reproducible with random videos, the next step is to check if it happens with manually opening the videos as well.
(2014-12-19, 09:18)wsnipex Wrote: I suspect it might be an issue with autoplay next video, so please try that first. If that is reproducible with random videos, the next step is to check if it happens with manually opening the videos as well.

Thanks for the reply,

I'm going to make the test you told under OpenElec using the videos I told produced the problem. I'll tell when test.

Meanwhile I have to tell I'm quite desperate with this, so after more tests I've discover the problem happends also with the other videos I had (the ones that in a first test didn't fail).

First try

I've make a fresh install of Lubuntu 14.04 and follow all steps given by fritsch the thread "Linux - VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04" (including the update of the kernel and Kodi config). As result, XBMC gets frozen after 10-15 minutes when playing the clips.

Second try

Then I've try a new install, but this time installing only this:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ssh python-software-properties software-properties-common udisks upower xorg alsa-utils mesa-utils git-core librtmp0 lirc libmad0 lm-sensors libmpeg2-4 avahi-daemon libnfs1 consolekit pm-utils libva1 vainfo libva-intel-vaapi-driver linux-firmware
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Then installing kodi

Code:
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:team-xbmc/unstable (* this can be changed after helix final)
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:wsnipex/vaapi (see *)
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi kodi-bin
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

and configuring:

Vertical Sync: Always enable
Adjust Refreshrate to match video: On
Sync Playback to Display: On
Sync Method: Video Clock (Drop/Dupe)
Adjust display refresh rate to match video: On Start / Stop

All the rest of config by default.

Result: Takes longer to crash, but crash, and this time it's not getting frozen but exiting Kodi and showing this error:

Click to engarge image

Here is the crash log: Pastebin

Regards
Post a Screenshot of a succesful memory test, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-12-19, 17:52)fritsch Wrote: Post a Screenshot of a succesful memory test, please.

According to the crash log it can be a RAM's problem? I've made the tests in different computers, 2 of them using Asrock Q1900-ITX and another one using a D1800B-ITX (Bay trail dual core), besides that, I passed memtestx86+ in one of the J1900. Of course, if you tell me, I'll pass again, what memory test is ok for this, memtestx86+ or another one?

Regards

EDIT: Is my problem the same of this thread?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=211472
Hi again,

Tests with OpenElec and the "cursed films trailers":

-Boot OpeElec and open first video using option "play next video auto". In the third video XBMC goes to main menu stopping the playback.
-In this moment I change option "play next video auto" to "NO" and play the fourth video. Result, in the half of this video problem again, back to main menu (when I say half I mean meanwhile, not exactly half).
-Play another video, now system gets frozen.

-In this point I power off computer and play videos having "play next video auto" DISABLED. After 6 or 7 videos no problem (I open next manually), so the swnipex suspect seems interesting Wink.

About memory test, this computer is a different one from the others (PSU-RAM-SSD-Mainboard) so I think we can say it's not a hardware problem.

In the other hand (in other TV actually xD) I'm testing one of the installations failed before with lubuntu using software acceleration instead of software, but it's still soon to say it doesn't fail, I want to leave it more time.

Regards

PD: Using the films trailers I have exactly the same fail at the same point using software acceleration, so it solves nothing.

I have no idea at all about this, the gurus are you, but I have the impression that it's a bug in KODI, it fails in openelec, fails in different -buntus with kodi and gotham, fails in Windows and fails not only on baytrail D but also in Haswell, beyond that, it seems to be not related to VGA acceleration since fails also using software decoding.

Regards again

EDIT: Tested with another of the J1900 computers disabling VGA acceleration and problem is still here.
Yeah, now everybody is fully confused ...
(2014-12-19, 21:00)fritsch Wrote: Yeah, now everybody is fully confused ...

I will make every tests you told me, including of course sending more logs in any operative system. Not to menction again that I can send you a link to download the trailer films, that are the videos that fail most (althought as I've say the error happends with some completely different videos). I actually would like other person reproduce the problem.

I'm near to accept is as normal, I've spend many many hours testing and the only thing I can say is that If the problem solves by disable the "play next video automatically" I will resign. Unfortunately I'm very far from beign an expert in XMBC or Linux, and for that I thank fritsch and wsnipex for the interest and help.

Regards
I already wanted to have a link to the samples, but I doubt the sample is the problem.

Also I'd like to have xbmc.log for everything that happens. Stopping playback means "EOF" has happened, e.g. read error from network. So for a very, very basic test, you should rule out everything else possible. Attach those movies to a USB disk and play them from local computer.
In every moment al the tests I've made have been with files in local, in the same SSD of the system in case of Windows and Ubuntus and in a 3,5" WD RED when testing OpenElec. As I told I've use different computers (mainboard, SSDs, RAMs, PSUs)....

I thought in one moment that it could be a problem of the media (videos with some problem in their audio track or something) but now that I've reproduce the problem with a totally differente videos I think that it's a problem of XBMC or .... I don't know (configuration?).

The truth is that with those videos the problem appears much more, since with the other I can play 30-40 ones before getting the crash, so those ones must have something that makes the problem more evident.

You can download the film trailers from this link, In my case I've add them to the films library and sort by name. I start playing first one (film 300), then comes planet of apes, and in next one (The hobbit) I get the crash. If you had no crash in this video I've add you another 2 ones.

In other times I've get the error soon, by moving the clip to another point using mouse.

I hope you can reproduce the problem, it would be first step to solve it Smile

Regards
Okay, downloading them. Will save them in a separate folder. Will scrape them to my library. And will start playing the first one while playing the next one automatically, right?
(2014-12-19, 22:21)fritsch Wrote: Okay, downloading them. Will save them in a separate folder. Will scrape them to my library. And will start playing the first one while playing the next one automatically, right?

Yes it is, I hope you will get the error, otherwise I'm going to look as an asshole xD

Regards, and at risk of repeat too much, THANK YOU for all your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC exits to desktop when playing0