Raspberry Pi apps and their content
OK, lets real here. Kodi is not in demand because is helping users to watch amateur non copyrighted content. As much as the community wants to deny it. Does anyone know of a forum were we can talk freely about the Raspberry Pi apps and their content.
"Watch amateur non copyrighted content" So... YouTube? *Ba-dum-tish*

And, frankly, I'm going to level with you here dude: The addons, pirated or not, XBMC/Kodi is NOT primarily a streaming media platform. It's current state, it's just not an ideal system for streaming content, period.

It's primarily for playing media that you already have stored on hard drives either locally or elsewhere on your network. The other addons with streaming, even ligit, are just gravy.
Kodi is not in demand because you can use add-ons to access pirated content, either. People have always been able to access such things. Some people are unaware that using "those" add-ons is actually the stupid man's method to pirating. Unreliable source links, a complicated mesh of file locker websites, and crappy integration with the library features. Do you honestly think that's how you're supposed to pirate?

The reason you can't discuss certain add-ons is because the add-ons themselves are the how and where for accessing bootleg/pirated content. There's no separation there. Not only in the discussion of the video, but also because it confuses new users who don't understand that we are not a source of any video content. We are just a media player that works nicely on your TV.
(2014-12-15, 22:18)Ned Scott Wrote: Some people are unaware that using "those" add-ons is actually the stupid man's method to pirating. Unreliable source links, a complicated mesh of file locker websites, and crappy integration with the library features. Do you honestly think that's how you're supposed to pirate?

I want to print, frame, and hang this quote on my wall. XD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi apps and their content0