Linux Setting up "Android" remote(F10) on Ubuntu setup
Hey!

Just got my Mele F10 remote and was very disappointed that the remote is clearly meant for Android or something like that and the button mapping seems.. counter-intuitive.

Now I'm a very long time user of XBMC or what they now call Kodi. I'm just not very good at tinkering this kind of stuff on Linux and I certainly suck at modding keybindings. There is a D-Pad and "inside" it there is a button that obviously should be Enter but instead it enables air mouse. Also there are seven cryptic buttons that do absolutely nothing and six of them don't return a keycode on xev, they seem to work since Terminal outputs symbols like "^QS", which seem to happen when an "incompatible" key is hit during a Terminal program(it happens on normal keyboards too). On top of that there are the Home and Menu keys, that certainly belong to Android, how ever they do return same strange symbols as the previous keys.

I know sounds weird but if someone's been struggling with the F10 too, I'd love to get some help on this. I did Google around but no one seem to have this same problem. There was a solution somewhere but I couldn't get hid_keymap to work with this remote.

Thanks!
Hi there, did you make it work? I tried the hid_keymap with no luck, I also tried some suggestions on openelec forum about replacing the hwdb remote file and no luck.

I can't figure out why on openelec I just copy the hwdb to the correct folder and works like a charm and on ubuntu i can't

Any help would be appreciated!!!

thanks
So I figure it out, You need to place the new hwdb file on :

/etc/udev/hwdb.d/ & on /lib/udev/hwdb.d/

then you run this command

udevadm hwdb --update

and a simple reboot everything should take place now.

Let me know if you need any help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up "Android" remote(F10) on Ubuntu setup0