Solved How to connect two Raspberry's to one TV and control them via CEC
Hi,

is it possible to connect two Raspberry Pi's to one TV via HDMI and control them alternatively via CEC?

For test purposes i want to connect a second Raspberry to my TV in living room. However, if both are connected, I can not control either the first nor the second one.

Btw, if only one of my Raspberry's is connected, control via CEC works very well.

Thanks for your help
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster
How are you connecting them - switch or splitter?
If splitter, then I can see how the returns can get mixed/annihilated.
If switch, then it may be down to the switch properties.
Derek
@dandnsmith

None of them. My TV supports 4 HDMI Ports - the 1st Raspberry is connected to HDMI3, the 2nd one to HDMI4. The other ones are currently not used
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
Got my question wrong through misreading what you posted - sorry for that.
Looks like there may be a problem with the TV - and perhaps somebody else has experience enough to comment effectively
Derek
Are all the CEC settings default?
I think I needed "Make Kodi the active source when starting" enabled to use two Pi's.
(although for me, without that they both responded to the button presses).
No, everything is configured correctly.

The reason for this issue was an outdated libcec (I'm using XBian). After correcting this, it works perfectly. Unfortunately I got a new issue which the libcec v2.2.0, but this I have already workarounded (is OT here, seems to be XBian specific).

Thanks@all for your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to connect two Raspberry's to one TV and control them via CEC0