xbmc cant find smb
i accidently moved one of my shared folders recently on accident. i moved it back but ever since xbmc cant find anything in this source. i have shared with everyone user but xbmc refuses to see it. these are local files sourced via smb to allow for mysql libraries. if i try readding sources in xbmc it can find no shares. other xbmc machines on the same network can see them just fine. ideas?

https://paste.ee/p/JidUc
Reset the sharing on the folder in question. Disable the sharing on the folder. Then re-set it up. Then test to see if the PC with XBMC can access the folder.

Looking at the smb path in your logs, they don't seem right at all. You got some messy folder structures going on. It is hard for me to tell what your path should be. I see so many special characters in the paths. Maybe they are right, I just can't tell.

It also looks like you are using multipaths (One source with multiple locations). That is currently a feature that is in flux and possibly being removed due to coding maintenance issues. At this point I would recommend not using multipaths and setting each source location separately.

You also seem to have many things in .RAR files as well. I've seen in the past where bad .rar files will totally screw up scanning sources.
log
https://paste.ee/p/JidUc

sources.xml
https://paste.ee/p/th8uN

I've tried unsharing/resharing. That did nothing. This machine won't find any smb shares, even folders that are working. For example, all movies scrape and are viewable. TV shows in other folders also show up but when I try to go to files, and select say my tv shows source it says it's unavailable, also trying to add new source finds nothing. I've tried bypassing smb altogether and just pointing to the static ip of this machine, but it keeps hanging after I give it the information.

As said before, other devices on this network can see smb from this main htpc/server, so smb is working, but not being found from the machine it originates on. I can browse the network shares in windows, so windows does see the network.

I've also tried deleting xbmc and reinstalling. No change.
Did you also clear your userdata folder when you re-installed XBMC?

You say the machine will not find any SMB shares, but then you say you can browse the shares in Windows. So just to clarify; You can see all the SMB shares in question using Windows explorer on the PC with XBMC. You can not access the shares from within XBMC. Is it you can not see them or can not access them?
(2014-12-16, 17:18)kricker Wrote: Did you also clear your userdata folder when you re-installed XBMC?

You say the machine will not find any SMB shares, but then you say you can browse the shares in Windows. So just to clarify; You can see all the SMB shares in question using Windows explorer on the PC with XBMC. You can not access the shares from within XBMC. Is it you can not see them or can not access them?

I Did not clear the userdata folder. I'll give that a go.

You are correct, I can see all shares via windows explorer and can see them all from other machines on the network via xbmc. I cannot see the shares period in xbmc on the host machine. When trying to add a new source it sees nothing, just have a ... When I tell it to add via smb
Deleting the user data folder did nothing besides make everything disappear. Still couldn't find smb sources. Putting back in my sources.xml brought everything back except the one folder that refuses to work. I really want xbmc to work again. So tired of plex.
I had a similar issue once long ago. Mine was not being able to enter the smb share, but I could see it. The only way I fixed it was changing to a different user account in Windows. When I did that and it worked, I went back and deleted my user account and re-created it. Then it worked as it should.
(2014-12-19, 16:27)kricker Wrote: I had a similar issue once long ago. Mine was not being able to enter the smb share, but I could see it. The only way I fixed it was changing to a different user account in Windows. When I did that and it worked, I went back and deleted my user account and re-created it. Then it worked as it should.
Its just baffling that every other machine on the network can see the shares via smb, just not the host machine. Can I just point everything at the static ip of the host machine instead of smb? I just need to be sure it will work cleanly with mysql databases so all I have to do is slip advancedsettings.xml into each client machine and it works. If I can use static ip instead, how should my sources.xml look to make it function properly?
Are you able to see the share if you use the Ip instead of the netBios name in XBMC?

Can you turn on the show hidden files and folder in settings\appearance\file lists? Maybe XBMC thinks it is hidden.

Do you have another user account on the PC you can test?
(2014-12-19, 17:29)kricker Wrote: Are you able to see the share if you use the Ip instead of the netBios name in XBMC?

Can you turn on the show hidden files and folder in settings\appearance\file lists? Maybe XBMC thinks it is hidden.

Do you have another user account on the PC you can test?

Turning on hidden files and folders doesn't do anything.
I cannot see the share using the ip instead of the name.
No, I do not have another user account.

It's windows 8 if it makes any difference. It has worked just fine up until I accidentally moved the share to another folder. Ever since it refuses to find smb period.
I would create another account and see how it behaves in that account.

If you can not see the shares using the IP either then switching to using the IP as you asked earlier doesn't seem like an option.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc cant find smb0