advancedsettings + RC3 = Unable to Initialize
Hi Guys,

I'm migrating from Gotham to the RC3... Anytime I try to add my advancedsettings.xml with the following parameters Kodi crashes immediately and says "ERROR: Unable to Initialize. Exiting"

Please help

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.129</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.129</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
What device are you using ? I upgraded yesterday from my pi to cubox i4pro and i had problems with it too. I resolved it by adding sleep 10 in autostart.sh. Seems like the networkadapter was booted after kodi had already started.
Win7 64bit
Probably a silly question, but... You knew that the user folder had changed from \\Htpc\c\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\XBMC to \\Htpc\c\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Kodi right?
Yup... Tried migrating... Tried fresh install... XML is in the right folder for Kodi

Good idea though
Another silly question but just to be sure, have you tried to launch kodi without advancedsettings.xml? Remove xml from its current location and see what happens.
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
Do you think it might be that Kodi doesn't have access rights on the mysql server to update the database?
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
post a debug log, or else everyone is just speculating.

Here is my speculation: The first time you ran RC3 after the install, you thought it was frozen and closed the program forcefully. What it was doing at the time was upgrading your databases. Now, your new Helix databases are messed up.

open up the my MySQL command line tool and type:

show databases;

is there a MyVideo90 and MyMusic48 there? If so:

drop database MyVideo90;
drop database MyMusic48;

Now restart RC3, and whatever you do, do not exit the program until it reaches the main screen.
I had this same issue was something to do with one of my clients being on a different version of Kodi I dropped the two databases and but everyone on the same Client then had to rebuild my Library
this solved my Problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
advancedsettings + RC3 = Unable to Initialize0