• 100(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 1
@popcornmix - is there someting you can do about MVC handling? It appears that MVC files ignore ANY 3D related setting. So if I set default 3D playback mode to 2D, MVC files will still trigger 3D mode. Once I switched a MVC file to 2D and do a seek, then Kodi is turning on 3D mode again. Is there anything I can help you with on that?
I've just tested and I'm not seeing that. Played an MVC mkv file, set video type to SBS. Enabled 3D mode, seeking stayed in 3D mode. Enabled "Play as 2D" and seeking stayed in 2D mode.
Tried with omxplayer enabled and disabled. A debug log (wiki) may help.

Note: I don't have a 3D tv currently, so I'm debugging with "Support MVC" enabled and "Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D" disabled. Without the latter I don't get an image on TV.
Does disabling "Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D" change the behaviour?
Just updated to 0401. Seeking seems broken when just dvdplayer is enabled. The video freezes and the audio continues. Enabling omxplayer makes seeking work.
(2015-04-02, 00:28)da-anda Wrote: They could do the same, but they would a) either also rely on HW capabilities, which is hard to figure out on HTPCs with randomly crafted HW or b) have to do it in software, for which NO open source code exists yet - thus we can't implement it.

I call BS on this. It can be done for a small, simple piece of hardware but it can't be figured out for more powerful pieces? Sounds more like those who know and could do this just don't care to. A base hardware capability to be utilized and it works from there. It's not like there thousands of different GPU's out there. If you want 3d MVC MKV playback you need one from this list. Not you need a $50 device. That's just ass-backwards.

(2015-04-02, 00:28)da-anda Wrote: The Kaitoast (along with the bing sound in Confluence) will still be triggered and the MVC videos will be handled just like any other 3D video recogniced by Kodi. If you don't want the sound just turn GUI sounds off. And if you don't want the dialog asking which playback mode to use, change the according setting and set it to "use preferred 3D mode" or "monoscopic 2D" - whatever you prefer as default playback mode for 3D movies.

Why would I disable ALL GUI sounds just to get rid of the needless and annoying 3D notification sound which should have an option to disable on it's own? I like the GUI sounds when browsing my library and such. I just have NO use for a very loud notification telling me that Kodi has changed from 3D back to 2D because my movie ended.

And why would I require any changes to settings to watch 3D content in 2D only? Why would I bother paying extra for the 3D version of a film just to avoid seeing this needless and annoying notification which, again, should be able to eliminate with a settings option specific to it.

I can disable on-screen notifications for others things like library scanning and such. Why is the only option for removing something that is VERY annoying, VERY distracting and even VERY alarming only achievable by disabling everything? That makes NO sense at all.

Your last suggestion doesn't even work, never mind having to deal with various forms of 3D material.

Enable 3D change notification yes/no? Done.
Hi Batiatus. Your several comments, graciously addressed by several people, have nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Could you please start another if you want to continue pursuing these issues?
(2015-04-01, 23:12)mkortstiege Wrote: As @Milhouse wrote, we dropped internal htsp protocol support in favor of the real pvr addon. AFAIK tvheadend also allows http streaming via m3u so that might be a solution for you.

Hmm never heard of that feature in tvheadend. It is very often requested feature but only addon that support m3u is iptv simple addon.
In tvheadend you can not import the same structured m3u into it or any kind of m3u AFAIK.
(2015-04-02, 05:14)Batiatus Wrote: I call BS on this. It can be done for a small, simple piece of hardware but it can't be figured out for more powerful pieces? Sounds more like those who know and could do this just don't care to. A base hardware capability to be utilized and it works from there. It's not like there thousands of different GPU's out there. If you want 3d MVC MKV playback you need one from this list. Not you need a $50 device. That's just ass-backwards.

I think you've missed a main point. The SOC on the Pi has hardware support for MVC, where this is not common on Graphics Cards, Integrated graphics etc, so those other systems will require Software support to make this function.
Not impossible, but as da-anda Wrote
Quote:for which NO open source code exists yet - thus we can't implement it.
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
(2015-04-02, 06:40)vbat99 Wrote: I think you've missed a main point. The SOC on the Pi has hardware support for MVC, where this is not common on Graphics Cards, Integrated graphics etc, so those other systems will require Software support to make this function.
Not impossible, but as da-anda Wrote
Quote:for which NO open source code exists yet - thus we can't implement it.

Ah, you would be correct if that's what was intended but not how I read it. But then I ask, what about GPU's that DO support MVC? (I don't really know of any specific, just asking.

(2015-04-02, 05:54)allan87 Wrote: Hi Batiatus. Your several comments, graciously addressed by several people, have nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Could you please start another if you want to continue pursuing these issues?

I'm responding to the responses to my inquiries in this thread. If the 3D notifications are the same on the Pi as they are on a HTPC then it IS relevant to this thread. Further, getting the same ridiculous responses in another thread doesn't change them at all. I've brought this issue up it it's own specific thread I created and continue to get utterly dumb answers rather than anyone acknowledging that it is an issue that should be addressed.

If you don't like my posts, hy not just put me on ignore and move on with your life? I'm not here to derail the thread but when you post a dumb response I'm going to call it out regardless of how "on topic" it may be. If the Pi screams at me and shoves a huge pop-up in my face to tell me Kodi switched back to 2D mode then the Pi is is need of having this oversight corrected as much as any other version of Kodi.
I'm sure your code will be welcomed on github. In the meantime I suggest the 'feature requests' subforum.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-04-01, 23:04)Batiatus Wrote: Second, how is this little cheap device capable of properly playing back MVC 3D MKV when a far more powerful (and expensive) HTPC cannot? That doesn't make any sense to my brain!

I think there are two factors :

1. The Pi and Pi 2 have a GPU/VPU combo that supports MVC decoding in hardware. They are not unique in this, but without it it wouldn't be possible on such a low cost device.
2. There are a couple of developers working on the Pi / Pi 2 who have a very good grasp of the coding required to implement the hardware MVC decoding required and who are capable of coding for the GPU/VPU and the Pi firmware. (There are some Kodi/OpenElec developers who are very close to the Raspberry Pi foundation and/or Broadcom)

I think 2. is the key factor here, as other GPU/VPUs have MVC hardware decode functionality, but don't have Kodi/OE developers who are as close to the hardware. Also ffmpeg devs don't really see 3D as an issue it seems, so there isn't a push for software-only MVC decode development. HEVC is getting a lot more attention...

If you look at how quickly stuff is developed for the Pi, compared to Intel/AMD/nVidia graphics drivers, you can also see the benefit of 2.
@Batiatus the nag dialog is enabled by default because there are users that even though they have 3D movies and have the movie ONLY in 3D, they don't necessarily want to watch it in 3D every single time. If YOU want every 3D movie to be played in 3D, then go to the settings and change the playback behavior for 3D content to "use preferred mode" instead of "ask" and you have what you want (no nag screen anymore and movie will be 3D all the time).

As for the sound - sounds are skin specific. The 3D manager only tells the system to display a notification, not that a sound should be played along with the notification. We could add a setting to enable/disable the notification in general, it just hasn't been done.
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0401
Got black screen only sound, opening a movie from Bluray folder
Part of log http://pastebin.com/gJJkPzrN (I don't know, correct part or not)
#0331 plays just fine.
Been experiencing funny behaviour when playing movies on my Pi2.

Current setup is Pi connecting to XBMC instance through UPnP on a wired network running 1000mb.

When forwarding certain videos it works fine. Other videos I get lots of dropped video frames audio is fine.

CPU is low. 1-10%. Cache sitting at 10mb. Will try and get logs because problem can be at main instance or Pi2.

Is this a know issue. Running last nights build but have only noticed it for the past month or so.
(2015-04-02, 06:58)Batiatus Wrote: I'm responding to the responses to my inquiries in this thread.

Which were frankly OT from the outset, and remain so.

Start a new thread or find an alternative thread in which to continue your discussion, such as this one.

Come back when you own a Raspberry Pi, are running one of these test builds, and have a problem relating to a test build you wish to discuss.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-04-02, 02:36)zaphod24 Wrote: Just updated to 0401. Seeking seems broken when just dvdplayer is enabled. The video freezes and the audio continues. Enabling omxplayer makes seeking work.

Is the file interlaced? Did the previous work okay? Can you provide a sample?

Note: I did test your 2758_20150320160000.mpg file with this change. It did stall on some seeks/trickplay. But it also did for previous builds.
I have a fix for that problem pushed. If your problem is new to this build, then I don't think my fix will help.
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 112